Chapter 5 - That Girl

Jack's POV
We were finally here, the last Aussie location of the tour. I'm exhausted and a bit hung over but I knew going on stage tonight would make me forget that.
"Hey, man." Alex walked passed me in the tour bus with a semi-familiar girl. She was the one with him when I first hung out with Stella.
"Sup." I nodded and they went to Alex's bunk. He laid his legs across her and grabbed her hand. Shit. What the fuck. Shit. When did this happen? Oh fuck Stella's going to hate me. "Oh, I'm Jack by the way." I said to the mystery girl hoping to get some answers.
"Tay." She responded, not paying me much attention.
I forced a smile and got up to leave. I didn't know where I was going but I needed to leave it was painfully awkward. Of course the minute I went outside I bumped into Stella.
"Jack!" She was glowing with excitement and the last thing I wanted was to kill that.
"Hey, uh whats up?"
"C'mon walk with me." She said and began pacing in a random direction.
"Sure, whats going on?" I asked.
"Nothing, just bored. Do you wanna go on a color walk? Then tonight we could get drunk and watch horrible horror movies." She looked at me with excitement that I couldn't match
"Sure, whatever you want to do."
"Are you good?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You seem... I don't know. Off?"
"I'm tired from all the traveling i'm surprised you're so uppity." I lied.
"Well I'll tell you why. I knew exactly what you were doing last night!"
"Oh yeah?" I cracked a small smile. It was cute seeing her so excited.
"Yep, you love laying around the tour bus and you love annoying me. Although, last night you didn't! Last night you gave me space so I could get to know Alex. You're not that sneaky." She elbowed me and laughed "I gotta tell you, man it was amazing. He was so sweet and funny. We played some guitar and talked a lot and agh. I'm utterly obsessed with him." She began getting all giddy and excited, adding little hops into her walk."You're such an amazing friend." She added but I really didn't feel like I was.
"Hey, you wanna get ice cream?" I tried changing the subject.
"Oh fuck yeah!"
"Okay find one give me one second." I said as she pulled out her phone to look for a place on
maps. I stepped aside to call Alex. Maybe he wanted to go with us or better yet me whats going on.
"Hey buddy." He picked up relatively fast.
"Hey, what are you up to today? Wanna get ice cream with me and Stell?"
"Oh- you know I'd love to but I'm pretty booked."
"With?"
"I have plans with Tay, the girl you met earlier."
"Yeah, so whats that about?"
"Oh, babe! You weren't supposed to find out!" He giggled a bit "No, yeah we started going out a while ago but wanted to keep it lowkey."
"How come?"
"Okay, talk to you later. Have fun!" He hung up
Genuinely what the fuck
"Who was that?" Stella asked.
"Tour manager. Always expecting so much from us." I shrugged. "You find a place?"
"Yep! We can walk there too. Gotta get those steps in."