Chapter 14 - Whole Wide World

The plane just landed, I haven't texted or talked to Alex since I woke up this morning. After getting off the plane and collecting my bags, I made my way towards the front of the building, looking around for for the rest of our family.
"Where the hell are they?" I asked looking through a crowd of strangers.
"Australia." Luke muttered.
"Yeah, wouldn't be shocked." I rolled my eyes and stood on my tippy toes to look closer.
"No, they really are." Luke said looking at his phone.
"God damn it. How'd they pull that one off." I said, getting frustrated. "We plan a visit and end up swapping places?"
"Stella you're truly oblivious aren't you!" Luke laughed.
"Huh?" I opened up my phone and looked at the map. I truly hadn't payed attention on our flight as my head phones were in and my eyes were closed the whole time. My little blue dot was placed in Baltimore, Maryland.
"Holy shit what the fuck. Luke, what the fuck. Why? WHAT?" I began freaking out.
Before Luke got the chance to respond to my incoherent sentences I looked up and saw a lanky boy waving at me.
"Stella!" Alex's voice called out and my heart fluttered. He waved his hand, standing about ten feet in front of me. My eyes widen, grinning ear to ear as I dashed through the sea of people, bumping into a couple of them, apologizing immediately.
"Alex!" I squealed, finally getting to him and I let go of my bags. He opened his arms and I ran into them, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I missed you so much," I tell him, closing my eyes as I take in his familiar scent.
His arms encircled my waist, holding me close to his body. "Oh, I missed you. I love the goats with my whole heart but their cuddles are nothing like yours," Alex mumbles into my ear.
"I love you," I whisper to him, my fingers combing through his hair. He hums in pleasure, his eyes slowly closing.
"I love you." he mutters, opening his eyes for a few seconds before dipping his head down, connecting our lips.
My stomach did flips, one hand gripping the denim jacket he was wearing as I slowly shut my eyes. Our lips move in sync, one of his large hands resting on my cheek, stroking the soft skin.
"God, get a room!" Another familiar voice calls out.
"Barakat!" I scream, causing concerned glances from strangers. We bolted towards each other into a hug that was nearly painful. I lost balance and starting falling but he caught me.
So many emotions were rushing through my body. My whole day or week for that matter just got completely flipped upsidedown.
"I've missed you, Stella Artois." Jack said, rewording the same joke he made when we first met.
"I've missed you too, bestie." I grinned, knowing he hated that word. He ruffled my hair causing me to screech and fix it. "Prick."
"What? I'm liking the new color!" He continued messing it up even more.
"I'm liking the new stick I'm gonna shove up your ass." I pulled his hand off of my head, laughing.
"That sounds painful." I turn around to see Zack and Rian.
"Shit!" I cheered out and pulled them both into a group-hug. "Maybe it truly is a family reunion."
"What? No, can't be without the rest of the boys." Zack said.
I looked around expecting that to be some cue for them to show up out of nowhere. I look back at Zack and he shrugs.
"Well, I know what'll make up for it. How about we take you two to dinner?" Rian chimed in looking at Luke and I.
"Hey, we've never been here. Lead the way." Luke grinned.
"Baltimore VIRGINS!" Jack hollered, causing dirty looks from a few strangers.

They ended up taking us to a small diner. There were tables surrounded by red leather booths as well as a stage in the corner of the restaurant set up for an open mic. I sat next to Alex and across from Jack. I stayed as close to Alex as I could physically be. I missed every little thing about him so even the warmth of his shoulder against mine made my heart flutter. I caught a glimpse of my reflection on my phone screen and cringed. I was a mess from being stuck on a plane for so many hours.
"You look stunning," Alex whispered to me. "I promise you'll sleep much better tonight."
"Oh?" I let out a breathy laugh, unable to comprehend words. I swear that boy makes me forget everything.
We began eating our food, I got a giant plate of Mac and Cheese. It had visible steam rising from the top.
Suddenly, a fork stuck into my food which of course went right into Jack's mouth. "Damn, I knew I should've ordered that."
I rolled my eyes and took his drink from him. "Since we're taking things without asking. Thanks!"
"Stellaaa." Jack whined and reached over the table, making grabby hands.
Alex shushed us and I looked back at the table noticing Luke had vanished.
I looked up to the miniature stage set up in the corner and there they were: 5 Seconds of Summer
I let out a loud gasp along with a few other girls. I looked around noticing a few groups getting overjoyed and taking photos. It was nice to know they were making some sort of name for themselves. Although, the best part of it was seeing them preform again. I closed my eyes, taking in the familiar music.
"I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make." I whispered to myself, not missing a single word as this same melody filled my basement for months.
I guess this was it. Not the reunion I was expecting but the one I absolutely needed.

A//N I'm glad to see a few people are starting to read this! Thank you so so much for giving it your love and time. I get a lot of enjoyment out of writing this and I hope it shows. :)