Chapter 6 - Sick Little Games

Stella's POV
"Fuck you, Jack! You fucking knew didn't you?!" I yelled at him running out of the venue of their last Aussie show. They just finished the set and Alex dedicated "Somewhere In Neverland" so some girlfriend I had no idea about.
"Stella!" He ran up to me and grabbed my arm. "I promise I had no clue!"
"He's your best fucking friend how would you not? You think this is funny? Setting me up just to let me get hurt? God!" I could feel myself getting warm.
"Woah, guys!" None other than Alex Gaskarth had to see us and make his way over. "What's going on whats the rush?"
I looked at Jack awaiting his response. "I-.. uh nothing. Just joking around you know how we are!"
"Yeah, of course. Still super high energy after the show. By the way, that dedication was super cute, Alex." I smiled hiding the fact I wanted to deck them both.
"Oh, thanks. Jack, Rian, and Zach were the only ones that really knew about our relationship so I guess it was time." He shrugged.
I stared at Jack and could almost see his soul leaving his body. Fucking liar.
"Well, I'm gonna go get our stuff together. Jack, you gonna help?"
"Sure, catch you later." He said and fled at the opportunity to leave this situation.
I rested my back against the side of the building and started to cry. I knew I shouldn't have come. These types of guys do nothing but hurt you I should've known.
"Stella? You okay?" Luke came around the corner and put his hand on my shoulder. He looked so worried. Sierra was standing a few feet away watching us. I never quite got an update on that but it's safe to assume they're a thing now. I was happy for him. I was happy everyone else was having a good time.
"Yep, fine." I mumbled and couldn't make up an excuse.
"What happened?" He put his arm around me and pulled me into a hug. "Did someone hurt you?"
"No, just.. a bit overwhelmed and homesick. It's a very big change."
"Yeah, I know." He rubbed my back and sighed. "I miss it too but hey, it'll be fun. It's what we've always wanted."
"Yeah," I rubbed my snot on my sleeve. "Oh god, I'm disgusting."
We both laughed. "Stella, I want you to meet someone."
"Like this?!" I motioned to my tear-soaked face.
"You look lovely. I can't wait any longer." His eyes lit up. Seeing him so happy made me forget about everything.
He walked me over to Sierra keeping his arm around me. "Stella, this is Sierra my girlfriend."
"You're dating, Luke? But you're hot!" I exclaimed and he gave me a dirty stare.
"It's nice to finally meet you." She began, "I've heard a lot about you."
"Oh geeze." I tried to wipe my face off more. She was beautiful, I was a walking travesty.
"How about you go pack up. I'll hang with Stella." She looked at Luke. He looked at me and I nodded to ensure him it was okay.
"Now that he's gone. Tell me what really happened."
I told her absolutely everything. At this point, I just needed to vent. She was so understanding and sweet about it all too. She advised me to sit down and talk with Jack more. I really didn't want to. I honestly felt sick just hearing his name but apparently, the way I talked about him said otherwise. Suddenly, my phone lit up.
Alex: Can we talk?
I immediately pointed the screen at Sierra.
"Do it. You deserve answers but come with me let's get you cleaned up."
~
I met up with Alex and I could tell he was stressed. He was holding a flower that looked like he just ripped out of the ground.
"Hey, what's going on?" I asked, hoping he couldn't tell what a mess I was seconds before.
"Hey," he held out the flower with an awkward smile.
"Thanks?" It was a dandelion, essentially a weed but the gesture was sweet. I tucked it behind my ear. "What's that for?"
"I just wanted to talk to you but-" he looked around as to make sure we were alone. "You have to keep everything between us."
I nodded. 

"No, like.. not even Jack can know. I shouldn't even be telling you-"

"Alex, get on with it." I cut him off as a knot tied in my stomach.

"The whole thing with me and Taylor... it's bullshit. I'm sure your brother has told you how shitty being signed to a label can be."

"Not quite from Luke but from being a One Direction stan at a point... yep."
"Yeah, so they're trying to use me to make her career grow. It's sick but they're in charge of everything I do so I'm terrified of not listening to them."
"Why are you trusting me with this?" I stared at him and he went quiet for a minute.
"I really really like you, Stella." He said, staring at the ground. His words were shocking but somehow demolished my stomach ache. 
"Alex,"  I said leading him to look up "I really really like you too."
He smiled and put his shaky hands in his pockets. "Really?"
I grabbed him by his cheeks and pulled his face close to mine. "Really." I pressed my lips against his and he didn't fight back against it. We rested our arms on each others shoulders and I could feel him releasing tension. We pulled away but kept our foreheads resting on each others. I wanted to live in this moment forever. He's all I've ever dreamed of. Our faces were so close I knew he could feel how heavy I was breathing. I wanted to scream and tell the world what just happened.
"Alex." I said, snapping both of us out of our daydreams. "Did Jack really not know?"
"He knew, but not until very recently. Plus he thinks it's legit." He rolled his eyes and let out a sigh "How come?"
"I just- should probably talk to him." There was the knot again. On one hand, things worked out perfectly with Alex. I wanted to make things right but I can't tell him about tonight. 

A/N I hope anyone reading this is really enjoying it! I didn't really have a direction for this story so I hope it doesn't seem scattered. I think of chapters throughout the day and then type them up. That being said drop any suggestions/opinions I'm always down for new, clever ideas! :)