Chapter 13 - If These Sheets Were States

Stella's POV
I toss and turn for what felt like hours, reaching beside me to find the cool sheets. I flutter my eyes open, frowning a bit to see again, Alex is not beside me. My phone went off and I sit up, leaning against the headboard while rubbing my eyes.
Alex❤️ was the name that was written across the screen in a medium-sized font and I smile a bit. I answer the phone almost immediately, pressing the device against my ear.
"Morning, Love," I grin while toying with the blanket.
"Good morning, baby. How'd you sleep?" Alex's voice spoke through the phone, sounding raspy. I bite my lip, loving the sound of his voice in the morning.
"Eh, alright I guess. Missing you extra bad today. It's been a rough few months." I mumble, frowning. Alex let out a small sigh and I heard shuffling from his side. My phone beeped and I pulled it away from my ear, seeing that he was trying to FaceTime.
I smile, accepting his request. His deep brown eyes are the first thing I see when it connects, a smile coming to his pinkish lips. "Looking beautiful as ever," Alex's smile drops a bit. "I guess it has been rough for you. You've got some bags under your eyes."
"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry. I'll just take something tonight and to make sure to get sleep. I just miss you and I want to meet your goats," I frown, scooting down to lay in bed. Alex sighs and runs down his stairs, then outside. Poe and Gryff comes into view.
"Babies!" I gush, grinning widely.
"Where's my favorite though?" I exclaimed and Alex points the camera to Milk. Alex has 3 goats and while they're all lovely Milk was my favorite. He was fluffy with white and cream colors over his coat. From what I could tell he was quite the cuddle bug.
"He's here. No showing favorites when you visit though." Alex chuckled.
"Ohh when am I visiting?" My cheeks blushed a soft pink.
"You tell me!" He replies.
I heard a soft knock on my door, and my mom calling for me.
"I gotta go, baby. I love you." I blew him an air kiss
Alex smiles, blowing me back a kiss. "I love you so much. Have fun, babe."
Both of us hung up the phone and I let out a small sigh before setting my phone on the nightstand. Another knock on my door made me pick my head up and I began to slowly get out of bed as it opened, my mother standing on the other side.
"Morning, sweetie. Did I interrupt something?" She asked, giving me a small smile.
I shook my head, making my bed. "No, no. Our morning chats aren't that long since he's been super busy lately," I tell her as we began to head into the living room, seeing my dad sitting in his chair, watching the television.
"When are we going to meet him?" Dad asked and I turned to look at him, his eyes on us as I sighed.
"I'm hoping we can come this Christmas. We'll be dating for a little over 5 months, I think it'd be the perfect time for you guys to meet. I love him so much," I confess, grinning like a fool and my dad smiles, patting my leg.
"I'm so happy you're finally happy. You've been looking for happiness a long long time and I'm glad Alex gives you that." he tells me.

That night my brothers, mom, dad, and I were sitting by a bonfire, enjoying the summer night as we talked about basically anything. My phone pinged and I fished it from my hoodie pocket, seeing Alex had snapchatted me.
I tapped his name and it opened with a picture of him shirtless, his hand wrapped around Milk's stomach as she lay on her back. "So many cuddles... miss you x," it read and I frowned, my eyes beginning to tear up.
"I miss you so much. I miss your cuddles... I see you've replaced me. :(" I chuckle sadly, sending it to him before locking my phone and putting it back into my pocket. Not even a couple minutes later, my phone pinged once more and I giggle taking it back out. The picture that popped up was Alex alone, pouting. God, he's so cute.
"I could never replace you! You're precious to me."
I could feel my family looking at me as I giggled to myself. Luckily it's dark and they can't see my blushed cheeks.
"Is it Alex?" My mom asked and I nod.
"Who else would it be." Luke grinned and nudged my shoulder. "You're so lucky to have such a cool brother who introduced you to him wow."
"Oh fuck off." I shook my head.
"It's true if I wasn't so talented and popular
then-"
"Luke, I swear to god-"
"Stell," my mom started, interrupting our banter "have you started packing yet?" She asked me and it hit me. I forgot to get ready for the trip.
"Oh, of course!" I lied.
"She fucking didn't." My brother Jack mocked me and my mom shot him a look for his language.
While I was excited to see my extended family, I was so wrapped up in my phone.
The next morning Luke and I woke up at 5am. I threw on some comfy clothes for the plane and tossed a granola bar in my pocket.
"Alright we gotta get there by 5:30 and check-in security might take a while so it's best to have all your liquids and electronics out." I began as we started packing our stuff into the car
"Mhm." Luke groaned and rubbed his eyes.
"Are you listening?" I sighed. Maybe I was a bit of a control freak but I freak out even worse when things go wrong.
"Yes! Make sure I have liquids and weapons in my bag." He said, snarky.
My parents dropped us off at the airport and we said our goodbyes before running into the airport.
Everything went well we boarded no problem and left right on time. Of course, I got the window seat. I watched as each cloud passed by us. The houses and cars below looked like toys from up here. I put my headphones in and closed my eyes, allowing myself to drift off.