Chapter 3 - If You Can't Hang

Stella's POV
I couldn't sleep at all last night. I haven't been this giddy since I was 8 and my parents took us to Disney World. I've always idolized this band and now i'm going to have to spend a month or so with them. It made me anxious in a way. What if they didn't like me? What if i'm painfully awkward?
"Stella!" Luke burst into my room.
"God, do you knock!" I'd already been ready for a few hours. It was a bit embarrassing.
"Come look! You're gonna love this!" He bolted down the stairs and I followed.
"Is Alex Gaskarth at the door with a diamond ring?"
He shot me a look "I- nevermind. Just check it out." He swung the side door open to reveal a black tour bus parked in our driveway.
"Woah! This is for you guys?"
"Yep!" He opened the door and of course the rest of the boys were already in there. "You wanted to come so bad enjoy hours upon hours cramped with the smell of michael cliffords ass."
Michael slapped his arm "shut the fuck up! Hey, Stella look it," He lifted up his gameboy and DS "hours upon hours of Mario Kart, huh?"
"Oh hell yeah!" I laughed looked back at luke who was hugging my mom. "Give me a second though."
I ran over to her and saw my dad, Jack, and Ben there as well. I gave each one of them a hug and told them how much I'd miss them. My mom got a bit emotional as expected and before she had the time to rant about being safe we had to hit the road. The bus pulled away and we waved out the window. The first date was in Melbourne so it wasn't too far. A bit over 9 hours from Sydney. I played some multiplayer games with Michael and Cal for a bit until I took a nap on what we decided was my bunk.  Thankfully there was an extra one for me so I had somewhat my own space. Luke's already decided he gets top bunk. I reluctantly had to agree. I've never slept on a bus before but due to my lack of sleep earlier it was a breeze.
I woke up minutes before we pulled into the lot. I looked out the window and there were other buses around us as well. It could've easily been equipment and other staff members so I had no clue if I was staring at ATLs bus.
"Lets goooo." Ash got up and stretched, letting out a huge groan. "This thing is cramped." He lead the way and was the first of us to swing the door open. That twist in my stomach was back. I'm so bad at first impressions and this one meant a lot. Calum and Michael followed ash and hopped off to stretch.
"Hey, can I talk to you."  Luke looked at me. I could tell he'd been tense.
"Sure, whats going on?"
"Well, I guess. I'm just.." he trailed off for a second "You're here because of me therefore I'm expected to protect you. Absolutely no drinking or partying okay? You can hang out with whoever as long as one of us.. well me or ashton is present."
I couldn't help but smile he knew how cal couldn't resist drinking and how michael couldn't resist doing things that made Luke annoyed.  "Whatever you say. I wasn't really planning on it anyway thats not really my scene." I shrugged
"Okay. It's a lot of responsibility and those All Time Low boys are sweet but I've seen their tour vlogs theyre quite the partiers."
"Thank you, Liz Hemmings. Can we join everyone else now?"
"Stella, promise me?" Luke stared at me. He was really serious about this one.
"Yes, I promise you."
"Okay I-"
Before he had time to hurry up Calum began screaming for him. "Hurry up mate! You gotta meet everyone."
Oh god everyone? As in... fuck.. I glanced in reflection of my phone screen. I looked a little tired from the power nap but it'll do. Luke and I made our way out of the bus. There was a small crowd of people who seemed to be in the crew as well as Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack talking to the boys.
"Hey! How was your drive?" Luke started up small talk and the world tuned out as Alex started talking. He was pretty like really pretty. His silver hair fell on his forehead, occasionally making its way into his eyes. He had skin tight black jeans with a few rips in them. I was used to seeing him on the stage with florescent lights on him but there was something about him standing right in front of me as the sun was going down.
"Oh this is my sister, Stella!" I bursted out of my daydream when I heard my name.
"Ayee like the beer? We're more wine guys though." Jack said causing Rian to dramatically roll his eyes
I grinned.
-Time Skip-
That night I couldn't sleep again. I wasn't used to so much going on around me. I slowly got up as not to wake up luke. I silently exited the bus hoping to go on a walk and clear my head.
"Steeeeeelllllaaaa" I heard a voice call. Not a very familiar one. "Sadly I can't offer you a Stella... we got a surplus of box wine and claws though?" I turned around to see none other than Jack Barakat.
"Oh, Jack! It's okay I was probably going to sleep soon anyway." I brushed him off knowing Luke would kill me if he knew.
"Its the first night of tour, we don't sleep! Come on it'll be fun. I promise."
"Come where?"
"You ask too many questions, man. Lets go." He began walking away, expecting me to follow. I  felt pressured .... I had to. I cant say no to Jack Barakat. I was lucky he even remembered my name. Then again it was probably only because of the beer.
He lead me somewhere in a field only a mile or two from the busses. There was so many people there talking, laughing, and drinking. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was never really one for this kind of scene. I was anxious about Luke as well. Alex was holding a solo cup and sitting in the grass talking to a girl. She was stunning with long, skinny legs and dark brown hair. Calum was there too with a group of guys I'd never seen before. They were definitely drunk. Cal didn't come out of his shell much except when he was drunk.
My gaze returned to Alex. God he was pretty. In my head he was looking right back at me and motioning for us to come over. Oh god..no wait.. he actually was.
"Ayyy" Jack ran over to him and plopped down on the ground. I followed.
"What's going on?" Alex offered the box of white claws and we each took one.
"Of course you're a black cherry person." Jack jokingly sighed and shook his head.
"The fuck is that supposed to mean, LIME?!" I lightly hit him and he gave me the finger while chugging his drink.  It was weird I'd just met him but I felt so comfortable. Alex had already been distracted by other friends and wandered away. I felt a bit invisible to him but I don't know why I wouldn't be.
"My god you're obvious." Jack laughed.
"Huh?"
"Staring is rude, stell." He winked and laid back in the grass.
"I'm not staring at anything!"
He ignored me.
"Dick." I muttered
"Oh so that's your intention?"
"JACK!" I plucked a pile of grass and threw it on his face.
He squinted and sat back up. "Be mad all you want. You said it not me!"
"Whatever."
We sat in silence for a bit but it wasn't awkward scilencw. It was quite nice actually.
"You wanna get breakfast with us tomorrow? That is if you're not hungover from your black cherry." He said putting an emphasis on the end.
I scoffed. "Sure thing, Lime."
"Oh and don't worry Alex will be there."
"Thank GOD." I shot him a look and rolled my eyes.