~ Chapter - 1 ~

(About the picture - It's Ilaria and Serena.) 

- I L A R I A -

"Why always me?"

I mumbled the same question I'd been asking myself every day for years. It was another boring and gloomy day in my stupid life.

My bullies as usual embarrassed and body shamed me for being 'too skinny' in front of the whole cafeteria and my brothers watched.

No, sorry, they enjoyed.

Well, this doesn't end there. My oh so dear brothers once again 'accidently' forgot to wait for me and I had to walk home  as usual.

I reached home and opened the door. My brothers were playing some video game and Mom was talking to someone on phone. She smiled a little when she saw me which of course I returned. It's not like I get many smiles anyways. I drank some water from the fridge and made my way up to my room.

I sighed deeply when I entered my room. My safe place. I placed by backpack on it's place and took a quick shower. I changed to white a crop top and neon sweatpants.

I love neon. I want to find the person who invented it and honor him or her.

I finished my home assignments and scrolled randomly through social media.

I was bored as hell so I decided to call my only friend Kevin. Nobody in my school wants to be my friend because my bully is very popular and rich and of course she have 'bought' a lot of friends. It's okay though, I don't want anyone to be with me for money or looks.

"Hey Aria!" He yelled happily.

"Hi Kevin." I chuckled. 

"So how are you even surviving without me?" He asked jokingly.

"Ah it's actually pretty amazing." I lied .

"Done with your lying? I swear to God Aria, you are so bad at it." He laughed .

"Fine. It is hell if that's what you wanted to hear." I said sighing. "But I still have Ella so it's okay I guess."

"She is still your friend? I didn't thought she'll stay with you for more than a week." He said.

"Shut up Kev, I have no idea why you hate her so much." I said. Ella is a friend of mine. We met a few months ago, she's really sweet and nice but Kevin dislike her.

"I don't think she's a real person. She's a 'too good to be true' type honestly." He said. I rolled my eyes at his answer. He dislike her because she's nice?

"She's a real person Kev. Otherwise why will she stay with me rather than those rich girls?" I said.

"Are those Brittney and Ava girls still troubling you?" He asked.

"No, they stopped because they thought they have damaged me enough." I said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, I had to move, Aria. I wouldn't have if I had the choice." He said sincerely.

"It's not your fault. You are only person who ever cared for me after my Mom." I said.

"Don't say things like that. Your Dad and brothers care for you too." He said sounding uncertain of his own words.

"About Dad, I'm not sure but my brothers surely hate me." I said with a sad sigh.

"Nonsense. It's tough love, you know. " He said laughing.

"It's shit." I said. We talked for another 20 minutes before Mom came.

"You were talking to Kevin?" She asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"How is he and Diana?" She asked. Aunt Diana is Kevin's Mom. She and my Mom were very good friends and I used to spend most of my days at their place.

"They are all good. Kevin told me they even have a dog now." I told her .

"That's nice." She smiled .

"Mom , can we have a dog too?" I asked hopefully. I love dogs, I mean who doesn't? They are loyal and cute.

"I already told you about it Aria. Xander is allergic to dogs." She sighed.

"I guess he is allergic to me too." I mumbled. Mom didn't said anything. She knows how my brothers are and she really tries her best to change that. But the sad thing is nothing she does can change it.

"Um, I wanted to tell you something actually." Mom said. "Your Aunt Lina is visiting us next week."

"Don't tell me those two brats are coming too." I said horrified. Aunt Lina is my father's sister. She's not that bad but the only problem is she's oblivious to her children's doings.

"Don't say that, Aria. They are you cousins." Mom said.

"That's the main problem, Mom. I hate them and you hate them too." I said frustrated.  I don't get why they have to visit us when we don't even want them to. Dad is always out and Mom don't like Oliver and Olivia. They mess up the whole house and are so damn disrespectful.

"But we don't have any other option, Aria." She sighed.

"But you're going to be here, right?" I asked. I will be fine as long as Mom is there with me. Otherwise dealing with my brothers and those brats at the same time will be hell for me.

"Yeah, I'm not going anywhere for a month." She smiled.

"Thank Goodness. I don't know what I'll do without you Mom." I said and hugged her.

"I don't know what I'll do without you too, Aria. Everyone else in this house drives me crazy." She mumbled and both of us chuckled.

"There were times when I didn't have a lot of friends. But my Mom was always my friend. Always." 
-Taylor Swift.

Hi Everyone!

Did you liked the first chapter?
Drop your suggestions and ideas for me.

Do you like Ilaria and her Mom ?

Question of the chapter- What's your favorite book on Wattpad?

Love y'all!

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💛