~ Chapter - 4 ~

(About the picture- Ilaria with Max , please imagine her hair as black.) 

- I L A R I A - 

Thankfully the rest of the day went alright at school. Ava and Brittney along with some of their friends were smirking in my direction so I know they are the ones behind those messages. I have to switch off my phone cause it kept buzzing. 

"Ari! Ari!" I heard someone shout when I reached at the front door of my house. I turned around and saw Lilian. 

"Wait! I'm coming!" She yelled and ran towards me. She was breathing very heavily when she reached me. Lilian has asthma so she gets tired easily. This is the only reason the other kids don't play with her and she ends up being lonely. 

"Hey. Hey. Slow down Lily." I said as I knelt down to her level and rubbed her back softly. 

"I have to tell you something Ari, it's very very very important." She said.

"Okay but first come inside and drink some water." I said and led her inside. I gave her some water and we sat in the living room.

"So, what did you wanted to tell me Lili?" I asked. 

"Ari, Mom found a new job." She said.

"Wow! That's great!" I said smiling widely. Lili's mother Aunt Flora works very hard to make ends meet. Her father was an alcoholic and used to beat her but she left him when Lili was born. She is very hardworking. 

"No, that's not great at all." She said stomping her feet. 

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked. 

"She said we have to move, Ari. I don't want to. I don't want to leave you." She said and hugged me. The gesture warmed my heart. I rarely feel so loved by someone. 

"It's fine Lili. We can still talk on the phone and maybe meet frequently too. Yeah? Aunt Flora needs a better job so that you can have even better toys and dresses, right?" I said trying to cheer her up. But she only buried her face in the crook of my neck deeper and started to cry.  

"No, no, don't cry. Please don't cry Lili." I said rubbing circles on her back.

"N-Nobody will be my friend Ari. Nobody l-likes me. They will h-hate me." She sobbed. My heart broke. No 6 year deserve this. Nobody deserves it .

"Don't say that, Lili. You are like an angel, I'm sure everyone will love you." I said. 

"That's not true." She murmured. I broke the hug to make eye contact with her. 

"That is true." I said. She looked at me with glossy eyes and red cheeks. I could tell she doesn't believed me. 

"But I don't want to leave you Ari. I'll be all alone there." She said. 

"No, you'll find lots of new friends. And if somebody messes with you give me a call, I'll punch them like this, alright?" I said imitating punches. She giggled and nodded. We played some games for some time and she went to her home after that. I was doing my homework when someone knocked on the door. I looked up and saw Xander standing there.

"Yeah?" I said putting down my pen. 

"Are you still getting those messages?" He asked. I nodded.

"Give me your phone for a second." He said. 

"Why?" I asked. He didn't even answered and picked up my phone from my desk. What is he up to now? 

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Just stay quiet for a second, Aria." He said with a little bit of annoyance in his voice. I huffed but nevertheless kept quiet.

"What's the password?" He asked.

"Max07." I said. Max is the name of our grandparents dog. I loved playing with him when we went to visit them. I remember I cried for hours when he died. 

"Kids nowadays have dog's names as their passwords. Wow. Just wow." He muttered under his breath. Xander hated Max, apart from the fat that he's allergic to dogs, Max never listened to him and licked his cupcake once. 

"Dogs are loyal unlike humans." I shrugged.

"Yeah yeah." He said rolling his eyes. He kept on doing something on my phone and then returned it. 

"Here, I blocked all the unknown numbers. Tell me if anyone message you again." He said. I took my phone. He was right , he really did found a way to block all those numbers. 

"Thanks." I smiled looking up at him. Maybe he felt bad for me. 

"Your welcome but I did it because Mom was worried about you by the way." He said and went out. Makes sense though. Why would he suddenly be so concerned when he was laughing about it in the morning? 

"The best therapist has fur and four legs."
- Anonymous

Hi Guys! 

Do you liked the chapter?
What do you think about Xander?
But it is undeniable that dogs are the best, aren't they?

Question of the chapter- Do you have a pet ?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💛