~ Chapter - 19 ~

(About the picture- Kiara and Ilaria.)

- I L A R I A - 

"Let's go home now Kiara. I'm super tired." I whined. We have been wandering here and there in the mall for 3 hours now. My legs were aching. I don't know what Kiara eats to be this energetic.

"But I still haven't gotten a gift for you." She said.

"You don't need to get one. You are enough. Now let's go home." I said.

"No no no. I want to get you a gift and we aren't going home until and unless we find the perfect one." She declared determined.

"What are you even trying to find? I already told you I liked those sneakers." I said dragging my feet behind her lazily. 

"But I don't. Come on." She said tugging my arm and kept dragging me to one store after another for another hour until she find a perfect present. And the crazy part is she won't even let me see it now. She got it wrapped up and we finally headed out to go home. Kiara kept talking about all the food she is looking forward to eat. I bet she's just excited for the food and nothing else. She eats ten times more than me, don't exercise at all and is thin as a stick.

Yeah, totally unrelatable.

 I took out my phone and saw a message from Elijah. I sighed and stared at the text contemplating my reply.

Lijah
Happy Birthday Aria! I'm sorry I couldn't wish you in the morning. 
I left before you woke up.

You
Thank you and it's alright.

Catherine must have reminded him and told him to text me. Or maybe he just remembered now. But I'm 99.9999% sure that's not the case. Catherine is the one who sends me gift by his name. He can't even recognize the gifts he sends me. 

"Let's go inside. Carmella is waiting for you. She don't even care if I come home or not right now." Kiara said. I laughed and joined her, carrying our stuff to her door. I pressed the doorbell and waited before pressing it one more time.

"Why aren't they opening?" I muttered.

"Wait. Let me check, I must have a spare key." She said rustling through her bag. Thankfully, she found the key. She turned it in and pushed the door open. The house was dark. Every single light was turned off. It was weird because Easton don't even sleep with lights off. 

"Looks like nobody is home." I said stepping inside. Kiara hummed and shut the door behind her. 

"Keep the door open. Where are the switches?" I asked blinking my eyes like it would help me to see something. Dumb, I know. 

"Kiara?" I called out again but she didn't responded. I practically ran to the door and frantically tried to open it but it was locked. What if it's just one of Cameron's many stupid pranks? 

"Guys, if this is a prank, stop it right now. It isn't funny." I shouted. Suddenly I felt someone's hand over my mouth. I tried to scream. What if I'm being kidnapped? Fear started to crawl inside me and I bit the person's hand. He screamed and the lights flickered on all of a sudden. I looked around and there were ballons all over the halls. They were decorated and there was a beautiful 'Happy Birthday' banner in the middle. All of it was stunning. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened automaticaly. 

"Happy Birthday Ilaria!" All of them shouted and hugged me one by one. Kevin and Alex were there too. They smiled widely at me. I felt so overwhelemed by all the emotions running inside me. The love they have shown for me is beyond my expectations. We haven't known each other for more than a month and yet they did so much for me. I don't think they have any idea how much it means to me. They gave their time and effort for my happiness. 

"You didn't need to do all this. Thank you. Thank you so much." I finally managed to speak. 

"Stop being ridiculus. It's our pleasure." Carmella said. "Now come on let's cut the cake. I'm starving." 

"You are always starving." Cameron commented earning a punch from her. Aunt Trisha bought a huge chocolate cake and lit up the candles. I blew them all one by one and cut the cake giving the first bite to Aunt Trisha and Uncle and then to the others. All of us ate the cake and snacks and Carmella pulled me to the table. There were loads of gifts in front of me. 

"Open them. I bet mine will be the best." She said excitedly. I chuckled and opened the first one. It was a beautiful rainbow top. The others were a bracelet, chocolates and other things. I reached the last one which was Carmella's. It was a beautiful camera with a note that read- To the best future photographer. I smiled. I told her a few days back how much I love photography. 

"Thank you so much! I love it! It is the best gift I recieved today." I said turning around to hug her. 

"It has to be. I chose it." She grinned. 

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."
-Anonymous. 

Hi Everyone!
How are y'all?

How was the chapter?  I hope it was okay. I'll edit it afterwards. I just wanted to give you guys an update. Thank you for 700+ votes.

Question of the chapter- What is your hobby?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💚