~ Chapter - 31 ~

- T H I R D P E R S O N -

Next morning, Xander woke up with a pounding headache. His body felt stiff and sore and he felt tired even though he just woke up. He pulled himself up roughly running a hand through his hair.

"What's up with you?" Xavier asked, walking in and handing his twin a lemonade. "Helps with hangover."

"Thanks." Xander grumbled taking the drink.

"Why would you drink so much though?"

"When did you come home last night?" Xander asked, dodging the question.

"3. I called you 20 times and you still didn't pick up." Xavier snorted. "Aria opened the door."

Xander looked up at his twin, instantly remembering something. He was sure he did something last night but couldn't really comprehend what. He remembered going to his sister and arguing with her but he couldn't remember what happened after that. Did they fight? Did he say something rude? Did he call Saisha? Did Aria call Saisha?

"What are you thinking dude?" Xavier asked sitting next to his brother. "What did you do? Aria was quite shaken up when I saw her yesterday."

"I don't know."

"What do mean you don't know? Are you freaking stupid?" Xavier scowled getting agitated.

"I mean I don't know!" Xander yelled. "I was wasted and I don't remember what I did, okay? Now shut up." He was frustrated, tired and upset. Thankfully, his twin didn't ask any more questions and let him gather his thoughts in silence.

Ilaria, on the other hand, was done being upset. She was angry. Xander has absolutely no right to do that to her. He has no right to disturb her mental peace or threaten her. But she decided she would not cry about it anymore. She wouldn't complain to her parents or Elijah or anyone else. She is going to deal with it herself. She will show Xander she can take a stand for herself without anybody's help.

How do you manipulate people and become the victim.

Or what? You'll call mom and dad and cry?

Xander's words were replaying in her mind over and over again. She was not manipulative, she was sure of it but it still hurt. It wasn't the first time that happened but no one can get used to hearing such cruel words. Especially when they come from one's own brother. Their own family. Xander might be horrible to her but deep down she still loved him. A part of her still hoped he would change.

But some people do not change unless it benefits them.

Ilaria took a deep breath and texted Saisha that everything is fine and there is no need for her to worry. She was mad at Xander but she never wanted to involve Saisha in this. After texting her, Ilaria walked to the twins room. She hated confronting people but sometimes it's the only option left and she learnt it the hard way.

"I want to let you know I texted your friend whatever you said. Just so you don't think I'm turning her against you. I don't need to do that." She stated and though she was able to maintain her composure, her heart was beating rapidly. She has never been so assertive before. She has never confronted people about their actions.

"What?"

Xander was genuinely confused. Whom did she text? What did he tell her?

"You forgot already? Or are you regretting it just like you always do?" Ilaria scoffed.

"What are you talking about?" Xander questioned, irritated by his sister's tone. "Listen I was drunk last night and I don't remember what happened. So either you tell me what I did or stop with this bullshit."

"Wow. Being drunk is not an excuse. But okay I'll tell you everything. You came home, yelled at me, blamed me for whatever happened between you and Saisha and basically behaved like a madman."

Xander was taken aback. He didn't remember all that. He thought they just argued. It was nothing serious, according to him.

"I don't remember that." He whispered to himself.

"That's cause you never remember your faults." Ilaria glared at him. "Is this visible to you?" She asked pointing at her jaw which was bruised and Xander stilled. He was disgusted by himself. How could he ever get physical with his little sister? How can he hurt her like that?

"I didn't do it, did I?" He questioned quietly.

"Of course you did it Xander. Nobody else was even home yesterday."

"What?" Xavier suddenly appeared by the doorframe. He looked between his two siblings, shocked.

"You did that?" He asked his twin. "How? Why?"

Xander kept quiet, drowning in guilt. Alcohol blinded his senses and now he did something he will regret all his life.

"Dude! I'm talking to you. Why would you do that?" Xavier asked again. He might have the worst anger issues in their whole family but at least he has never used physical force with her. 

"I don't know. I don't know when I did that or why I did that." Xander defended himself. "I don't even know if I actually did it or not!" Ilaria's head snapped towards him. She couldn't believe his audacity. 

"You mean you don't remember hurting her?" Xavier asked and Xander shook his head.

"What do you mean you don't remember!? You grabbed my jaw and literally ordered me to text Saisha!" Ilaria yelled.

"Hey! Calm down! He was drunk. It must have been an accident." Xavier scolwed. He was clearly on his twin's side now. 

"It's his fault that he was drunk, not mine. You can't use that as an excuse."

"We aren't. We don't even know if you are saying the truth or not-"

"Are you being serious right now? Where else would I get this from?" She questioned angrily, pointing at her jaw. It was all ridiculous to her. Xander was being defiant and non-willing to accept the truth. And Xavier was defending him blindly. If the roles were reversed he wouldn't bother even listening to her.

"Can you stop yelling!" Xavier screamed. "He told you he don't remember it. Don't make such a big fuss about it. Let it go, okay? Chill."

"I can't let it go Xavier and I'm not making any fuss about it either. I'm just telling you guys, you have no right to do that to me, or anyone else for that matter. I can't forget it just because you want me to. Your actions are always your responsiblity. I don't care if you were drunk." Ilaria said and when she was done, she was surprisingly proud of herself. It felt as if a burden was removed from her chest. She was relieved. Standing up for herself felt good.

"Save it." She said sharply when Xander opened his mouth to speak. "I know you won't accept your mistake and I have better things to do. I'm done with you two."

"An apology is never followed with an excuse or reason."
- Anonymous.

Hi Guys! How have y'all been?

Did you liked the chapter? If you did, please vote and share your thoughts. It would mean a lot to me.

And wishing you all a very happy Diwali. May this Diwali bring you and your loved ones happiness, peace and prosperity. 💖✨

Love y'all!

Question of the chapter- What is something that makes you happy?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙