~ Chapter - 13 ~

- I L A R I A - 

"Then consider us as family too." Austin said, his eyes showing nothing but affection and sincerity. 

"I already do consider you as family." I smiled.

"Really? That's good. Let's focus on our ice-creams now or it'll melt." He laughed. I nodded and we continued eating our ice-creams. Kiara and Carmella also joined us shortly. We shopped a few things and went to my favorite place aka the game zone.

"Let's go to the claw crane." I suggested. (A/N - Guys, for those you don't know what a claw crane is see the picture on the top.)

"No Bro, I never win in it." Carmella said. 

"I don't win too but let's try." I said dragging her towards it. 

"Wait Aria!" She shouted all of a sudden making me flinch and stop abruptly. Austin and Kiara also looked at her confused.

"What happened?" Kiara asked.

"Can't you see that?" She asked pointing to the floor. "There is a crack in it."

I looked down. The floor seems alright to me. I don't see cracks anywhere. But Carmella was still staring down horrified. Austin put his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay? There are no cracks here." He said.

"No. Look there." She said pointing at the same spot again.

"There is nothing there." Austin said clearly concerned.

"I got it." Kiara said all of a sudden. "You're joking, right?" 

"Come on dude. You got me worried." Austin said, sighing in relief. Carmella didn't say anything and let out an awkward laugh. We made our way to the claw crane and Kiara decided to try first.

"Try for that Panda one." I said. She nodded and started. I glanced at Carmella and she was still looking at the same place again and again. It isn't like her at all. If she was kidding before why is she acting like this all of a sudden? There is definitely something wrong.

"Hey hey! Ari! Look at this!" Kiara exclaimed. I turned around. She had managed to pick up that panda plushie. 

"Don't fall! Don't fall!" She kept yelling until it finally fell down causing all of us to laugh.

"Ugh. I hate this. You try." She huffed in frustration and said to Austin.

"Yeah. Now see how to do this, loser." He snickered at her. Surprisingly, he was really good. He managed to win two of them successfully and teased Kiara the whole way back. But what was really bugging me was the way Carmella was behaving. She wasn't talking to us the way she normally do, she was too lost in her thoughts. She was just staring out of the window continuously. 

"Carmella?" I said. She didn't responded.

"Carmella?" I said a little louder this time.

"Huh? Y-yeah?" She asked a little startled.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm all good." She answered with a smile. But it seems more like a forced smile. Before I could say something she turned away again. I gave up thinking she must be tired. 

- C A R M E L L A -

I was too lost in my thoughts when Ari's voice brought me back to reality. She looked at me worriedly. 

"Are you alright?" She asked. Yeah, I'm seeing unusual things and everyone's thinking I'm joking. 

"Yeah. I'm all good." I lied with a smile. She didn't seemed to believe it but kept quiet. Thankfully. I wasn't in a good mood to have a conversation with anyone right now. My mind was still wandering about what happened today.

It is not the first time something like this has happened but it was the first time it happened when Cameron wasn't around. He is the only one I told everything. He is the only one who believed I wasn't joking. At first it was just a few times but now it has been occurring more and more. And it is so freaking annoying that I can't do anything. Cameron wanted to tell Mom about it but I stopped him. I just don't feel comfortable telling it to everyone right now. I wanted to clear my thoughts first. What if they think I've gone crazy? 

"Carmella!" Austin shouted snapping his fingers before me. "We're here." 

I nodded quickly and went inside. They stared at me suspiciously but I ignored them.

"Hey, you guys are back?" Easton asked.

"Yeah." I replied shortly and ran upstairs to Cameron's room. He looked at me and his expression changed to a confused one.

"What happened?" He asked coming over to me and making me sit beside him.

"It ...... It happened again today. When we were in the mall .......... I saw a crack in the floor and ......... and everyone else said there is nothing there ........ I can't ...... understand anything Cameron. What is happening to me?" I said, barely audible but he understood every single word. We sat in silence for a while. None of us knew what to say. After what felt like ages, Cameron finally spoke.

Hi Guys!
How are y'all?

Did you liked the chapter?
Carmella's situation will me more clear to you after a few chapters.

I apologize for the late update but I had a test and I also had to complete an assignment.

And the answer to the riddle in the previous chapter is-
Question- What did BabyCorn ask MamaCorn?
Answer- Where is POPcorn?

Question of the chapter- Do you want to dye your hair? If yes, which colour?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙