~ Chapter - 10 ~

- C A R M E L L A - 

"Cameron! Do you have my phone?" I asked. 

"No." He answered.

"I can't find it anywhere. Have you seen it?" I asked again.

"How would I know? You must have left it somewhere, like always." He teased. I groaned in frustration. 

"Chill bro. Maybe you forgot it at Ilaria's?" Cameron said. 

"Ugh, please go get it for me." I said.

"Not at all. I'm tired." He said walking away. 

"Wait! Bro! Cameron!" I shouted but he didn't even turned to look at me.

"Sorry! My hearing ability is lost!" He shouted back. I huffed but dragged myself to Ilaria's home with no other option left. Their door was open and I heard someone shouting. I went closer and saw Xavier yelling at Aria.

"I don't want to eat your leftovers. Go and give it to those Garcias. I don't care." He scoffed, glaring at her. Wait, he is talking about us. Eavesdropping is bad, but whatever, I'm going to do it anyways.

"Why are you being like this? It's not like you didn't know about it. You could've taken them by yourself too." Aria said. 

"Yeah, cause you were too busy with them. Right?" He said.

"So what? They don't think I irritate them when I talk. Why do you care now?" She said. I can't believe this right now. Her brothers were looking so good when I met them. They were pretty cool and sweet. 

"Then why don't you just leave! Just get lost and no one will even care! Actually we'll be glad that a burden is gone!" Xavier yelled and stormed upstairs. I looked at Aria in shock. How can he say such things to her? Even though I just met her, she already feels like a little sister to me. She's such a innocent and sweet kid. She was on the verge of tears. I hurried to her side and hugged her tightly.

"C-Carmella?" She said quietly.

"Let it all out Aria. It's unhealthy to hold your emotions in." I said softly. 

Wow, what a two-faced person I am. I myself don't cry and bottle up my emotions for as long as I can and here I am advising others to do the opposite.

Thankfully, Aria took my advice and let her tears out. She was sobbing a little by now. Well, who won't? Hearing such harsh things from your own brother must be heartbreaking. I held her for some more minutes before she finally calmed down.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked. She nodded, still sniffling. We went over to sit at the couch and she told me the whole situation. How her brothers ignore her and behave badly with her. It made my blood boil just by listening to her. 

"Those freaking bastards. I'll kill them." I said angrily. " Where is Aunt Serena? I want to talk to her."

"No!" She said hurriedly. I raised an eyebrow at her. Doesn't she want those jerks to be punished? I would've murdered Cameron if he did something like this.

"I mean Mom already scolded them many times. Nothing worked." She told me. 

"Oh. Okay." I said sighing. I couldn't think of anything else but looking at the expectant face of Aria in front of me, I didn't felt like giving up. I have to teach a lesson to them. They can't do this to her. 

"Now listen to me carefully, Aria. Avoid them as much as you can. I don't want to see you getting hurt again and again because of them. Okay?" I said. 

"But what if they won't ever talk to me?" She asked in a small voice.

"Then let them. Stop being so forgiving, Aria. I'm telling you this by experience, it's not good to be too good in this world. People will praise you but they will also use you. Learn to be a little rude. Even though rude people don't get much praises but people think before hurting them because they know they can do much worse." I said in a serious tone, looking at her straight in the eye. I don't want her to go through the same things as me. I don't want her to be too good. 

"I-I will t-try." She said and hugged me. "Thank you Carmella." 

"Okay, I came here for my phone. It's getting pretty late too. I should get going." I said picking up my phone.

"Yeah, goodnight." She said smiling at me. But I could see the pain behind that smile. Don't worry Aria. I'll not let them get away with treating you like this. They will pay for their behaviour.

"Goodnight. Sleep well." I smiled and went back home. I sighed deeply when I entered my room. I changed into my nightwear and sat on the bed lost in my thoughts. I saw myself in Ilaria. The same innocent and nice girl she was. The girl who prioritized everyone else before her. The girl I no longer am.

"Stop being nice if it breaks you."
-Anonymous.

Hi Everyone!
How are y'all?

How was the chapter?
What do you think of Carmella?

Please don't be a silent reader and vote and comment if you are enjoying the story so far.

Question of the chapter- What's your favorite subject?

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

🧡