~ Chapter - 29 ~

- X A N D E R - 

"I should go home now Xan, mum would be worried." Saisha said picking up her purse and phone. 

"I'll drop you." I said getting up as well. She nodded and I quickly put on my shoes and walked to my room to get my jacket. I glanced at the clock and it was quarter to nine. I typed a quick text to Ilaria and informed her to use the spare key Mom gave to Aunt Trisha as Elijah is at work and Xavier would probably stay at a friend's today.

"You ready!?" Saisha called and I jogged down the stairs. 

"Yeah let's go." 

I led her to our garage and got the car out. Saisha lives a little far from our place and even though it's a safe locality I couldn't let her go alone this late. Otherwise too, car rides with her are always super fun. Well, anything with your bestfriends are fun but still.

"You didn't tell me Aria wants to become an interior designer?" She asked suddenly while I was driving and my attention shifted to her.

"What?" I asked. "I thought she wanted to be a special educator." 

"Uh no." She said bewildered. "She told me today itself she wants to become an interior designer. Y'know my cousin Amaira is well-established in that field. She could have been of some help for Aria."

"Ah-uh." I nodded still processing her words. I'm 100% sure Ilaria did told me she wants to become a special educator. Or maybe that was a long time ago. Saisha started telling me about one of our friend's birthday I couldn't attend and I nodded and laughed once in while.

"Xander." She started, her tone changing more serious but uncertain as if she was scared to say something. "I know it's not my place to ask you about your family matters and stuff but is something wrong?"

"What do you mean? What was wrong?" 

Why would she think that? Everything was quite normal at home. We didn't argued or fought and there was no 'unusual' thing going on. 

"Nothing other than you and Aria basically acting like strangers." She said.

"And what is that supposed to mean? Should we just compliment each other 24/7 to look like a family?" I shot back, irritated.

"You and I both know what I'm talking about." She scoffed. "You act like you don't care about the other person's whereabouts. When she told you she is leaving you didn't even turned around or even gave her a nod. And y'know what was even more strange she acted like she didn't cared either." 

I briefly closed my eyes inhaling deeply and tried to keep my focus on the road. I didn't liked where this conversation was going. I hoped for a chill and fun day when Saisha told me she is coming over. I didn't expected this confrontation to happen. She is my friend, not my parent. She should not interfere in my business with my family. 

"You don't know about our bonding at all Sai. Everyone is different." I answered defensively.

"I understand that but I know you for years now Xander, Aria too. You guys weren't like this back then. Even when I came by for Elijah's birthday couple months back, you were at least talking. Maybe bickering constantly but acknowledging each other's presence. Now it's just.... I don't know.... super weird." She explained and deep down I knew she was right. Many things have changed in these few months.

"That's cause you are making it weird, Saisha. Just stop overthinking and over-analysing every freaking thing. Especially things not concerning you." I said lowly. 

"It's is concerning me Xander. I care about your well-being. Aria's too." She said offended. "You do not have to be such a prick about it." 

"Neither I nor my sister asked for your concern so please mind you own damn business." I said turning towards her for a moment. "You are a very close friend to me but just stay in your limits. I would really appreciate it." 

As soon as these words left my mouth, I regretted them. Saisha looked hurt and I swear I saw her eyes glistening. I was aware I wasn't being sensible right now but she wasn't being fair either. She has no right to judge how I behave with my sister when she doesn't know everything that happens in our house. She just saw us for a few hours and is already ready with her own version of it. I turned my head away and tried to get my focus back on the road. If I keep looking at her, I would feel guilty for sure.

"When people are friends, they care about each other. I asked you if everything is alright cause you and Aria, both, matter to me. I didn't do it to make you feel bad or to accuse you of anything Xander. You are so full of yourself that you don't see the reality but rather make yourself the victim." She gritted out. 

"Then shut up and don't care about anything dude. Especially me. I'm fine without your concern, alright? Nobody cares how others feel, so stop pretending like you do." I snapped.

"Fine then. Stop the car. I can go by myself." She said.

"Don't be an idiot. We are just few minutes away." I grumbled.

"That's why I'm saying stop the car, Xander. I can walk." 

"Stop being ridiculous-"

"I am the one being ridiculous!?" She yelled. "Do you even hear yourself? You are the one saying all this stupid and hurtful stuff and I'm ridiculous? Wow Xander." 

I clenched my jaw, forcing myself to stay quiet. Saisha is very patient but if something hurts her, she doesn't hold back at all. And I know she'll really get out of the car if this arguement escalates further. She was taking deep breathes and when I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes, she was staring out of the window. 

We reached her home in minutes; which seemed like hours; and she get off as quickly as possible. I felt horrible when I saw the look on her face. She looked too upset and hurt.

"Saisha-" I called out when she started walking towards her home.

"Do not talk to me right now Xander." She gritted out when her eyes met mine. "All you know is getting angry and hurting people and then being mean to them. You need to understand that you aren't right all the time. Sometimes people genuinely do care about you."

 I looked at her with guilty eyes. Saisha has been there for me whenever I needed her. She understood my actions without needing any explanation from me. She was so nice to me but what did I do? Hurt her by acting in such an immature way.

"Call me when you cool down Xander. And please do not think nobody cares about you. A lot of people do, only if you open your eyes and see."

"The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren't very lovable."
- Anonymous.

Hello my beautiful readers! How are y'all doing?

What do you think of this chapter? And Saisha? She'll play a big role in Aria's life as well so what do you think of her?

Another thing, I have a really important exam coming in August and I need all your wishes. Wish me luck! And good luck to you guys as well, if you also have any exam coming.

Question of the chapter- What's one quality most important to you? (For example, for me, loyalty and kindness are most important. That's what I look for in people when I meet them.)

Take care of yourself! Stay happy and healthy!

Love y'll!

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💛