3 // 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙾𝚏 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜

Sam
Sydney, Australia
19.09 01:00 am

... . -... / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -.. .. .

Sam walked slowly down the street. It had been nearly 4 hours as of then. Her feet hurt, and her mouth was dry, but she didn't care. She didn't give a shit. Sam had messed up again. Of course she had. Every time she thought she had found something special she messed it up. It didn't make it any better that it was her birthday. Happy fucking birthday, Sam thought to herself. 17. She was freaking 17. This day should have been awesome. Only one year until she officially was an adult. Until she could vote. Until she could drink legally. It wasn't as if Sam had never done that before, but of course it wasn't a happy day. Now she couldn't wait for it to be over.

They had been happy at least, at least that was what she had thought. It turns out that they weren't. Not really. She loved her. Sam didn't know where she stepped wrong. Well, she did actually. Amy had said all the things she had done wrong.

“Sam,” she had said. “I can't do this anymore.”
“Amy,” she asked. “ What’s wrong?”

“Please, Sam. Don't act like you don't know. I don't know what’s gotten into you. You're not the person I fell in love with!”

Those words had stung like bees.

Amy trailed on. “You barely pay me any attention. I need you to see me, Sam. I need you to look at me the way you used to. I needed you Sam.” She choked back a sob. “I needed you. and you weren’t even there.”
Her voice was quiet and tender. Amy finally met Sam's eyes. Tears were running down them. Sam could feel her own doing the same.

“Amy,” she started. Amy's eyes hardened.

“I don't want to hear it Sam. I can't hear it. I won't let you break my heart. You already did. I know if I keep you around it will never mend.”
Sam had heard that before, but it still hurt just as much as the first time she experienced it. . Maybe even more. She really had thought Amy was the one, that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. Sam had clearly been wrong. Or maybe what she thought about Amy was correct, and . if she had only shown her a bit more affection, maybe then she would have stayed. Maybe then they could be more.

“Amy, I love you,” Sam breathed, reaching out to her.

“I love you too. I always have. I’ll never stop loving you, but I can’t do it like this. It hurts too much” Amy burst into tears again. “Leave, Samantha. Please, just leave. I hope you find someone you actually love, someone to care for! I know it isn't me, but I hope you will be happy.”

Sam turned to leave. She saw Amy's red eyes. She looked beautiful even when she cried. Sam took a mental picture of her. She would never forget Amy.

Sam put her music on higher. Girl in red was blasting in her cold ears through her tiny earphones. made her thoughts go away, but only for a minute. Soon, all of them came rushing back. They overwhelmed her. Sam couldn't think clearly.

The hard impact made all of her hurt. Her head hurt. The music in her ears was distorted. the world was dark. She had to walk away. Something in her told her to get away as fast as possible.

Sam tried to move her legs but they stood in place. She couldn’t move. The world went silent. Not a single sound reached her ears. This was unsettling. Sam was scared she had never felt like this ever in her life.

“I don’t wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips” Sam could hear as her sight started returning to her. Her sight was really blurry, the only thing she could see was the contours of a crowd around her.

“wha…” was all Sam could muster the strength to say. The blurry crowd around her backed away a bit when they realised she was awake. Sam tried to get up,  but her body wouldn’t let her.

The crowd seemed to loosen up as someone pushed their towards her. Sam couldn't hear what they said, but soon she was lifted up and carried towards a car. Sam knew something was wrong. Something was very wrong. She wanted to call out,to hit the person holding her! But she didn't have the power. She felt all of her power drain out of her. Sam’s vision soon turned black.