xiv. blushing bride

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r f o u r t e e n . . .

Every second of the day had been filled with action and there had been scarce rest and relaxation for any of the crew involved. The band had successfully filmed many scenes for the video, yet there were still several remaining. The Arctic Monkeys had gathered with Thomas, Iris and Lola on an abandoned road, discussing what was yet to be completed.

"The next scene we need to film is the wedding dress scene," Thomas read off his clipboard. He addressed the band. "You need to pick between Iris and... the brunette girl for who the bride will be. She'll go with Alex and the other will go with Matt."

The boys nodded, but Lola was utterly confused.

"I don't know if I'm being stupid, but what's happening?"

Alex explained to her, "The video's supposed to be two different love stories running side by side. One love story will be Matt and either you or Iris and the other love story will be me and whoever isn't with Matt. For the love story with me in, there's a scene where the girl runs down this street in a wedding dress. Thomas means we need to pick between you and Iris, who pairs off with who."

"Not to interject," Thomas interrupted, "But I think that Iris should pair off with Alex. She would suit the wedding dress a lot better than... the other girl. I'm sure you'll agree that Iris would make a much more becoming bride."

Iris placed a hand on Alex's cheek. "Husband and wife to be, eh? I'm not sure it'll require too much acting to pretend that's a reality. We definitely make an attractive couple."

Stepping away, Alex caused her to cease contact with him. "Actually, I think Lola should be the bride. Iris, you wouldn't want to sprain an ankle while you're running, would you? I'm sure Lola is more cut out for running. She has... erm..." Alex cleared his throat. "She has nice legs."

This comment took Lola by surprise, unsure how to interpret the compliment (if it was one). Jamie and Matt wolf-whistled, much to her amusement and Alex's embarrassment.

"But don't you think that Iris is much more cut out for some of the later scenes?" Thomas added with a not-so-subtle wink.

"What later scenes?" Lola asked warily.

The singer waved her off. "Just acting and that. So, we're decided. Lola and I will do the main love story with the wedding dress and Iris and Matt can do the secondary love story."

Fury struck Iris. Her ivory skin blossomed red. Lola was certain that nobody had ever told her to be second in her life. It probably made her even more annoyed being second to Lola of all people.

Thomas gave Alex a critical look. "Are you sure you're making the right decision? Don't you want the model to be front and centre in the music video?"

"I might like to remind you whose video this actually is. It's my video and I say Lola is the right choice for the lead."