iv. pretty visitors

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r f o u r . . .

Bright rays of sunlight began to filter in through the gaps in the curtain, shining excruciatingly brightly onto Lola's face. She groaned and rolled over, shoving her face into a pillow.

The previous, horrific night had finally come to an end, but morning brought new struggles. She was extremely hungover and in no state to face the world. Her head seared with pain, throbbing terribly.

Lola would have loved to stay asleep in bed for the entirety of the day, but the sunlight prevented her from doing so. She checked the time on her phone and saw it was 10am. She decided to get up.

At great length and with much effort, the exhausted girl pulled back the duvet and propped herself up. She looked down at herself, but rather than seeing the outfit she had worn the night prior, found herself in an oversized, pale blue shirt, but her black knee socks still on. She realised that Alex must have dressed her and she didn't know whether to be annoyed that he saw her in her underwear or grateful that he cared enough to do so. She decided to be grateful.

When she finally stood up, there were no clothes for her to wear; her only possessions were her shirt and skirt, which were likely still soaked with her own vomit. Instead, she kept on Alex's clothes and traipsed out of the spare bedroom.

Lola didn't know where to go, but after walking down the corridor, she came to the joined kitchen and living room. Sunshine was still pouring through the windows, but she had just about managed to adjust to the light's intensity and the pain she was experiencing.

Alex was stood in the kitchen area, frying an egg. He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of boxer shorts.

"I'm not sure it's very hygienic to be cooking in your pants," Lola laughed.

"It'll be fine. It's only for me. I'm hardly going on MasterChef or Bake Off. Although, I'm pretty sure if Paul Hollywood saw me naked frying an egg, I'd be guaranteed a Hollywood handshake. I'd definitely be Star Baker at least." Alex grinned. "Are you feeling better today?"

"I am, thank you. I have a banging headache and feel like I've been hit by a bus, but overall not completely shit. I've woke up in worse places."

"Go on then." He smirked." What's the worst place you've ever woken up in? Then I'll tell you mine and we'll see who wins."

"Well, I woke up covered in mud at Glastonbury..."

"Could be worse," Alex suggested.

"And the men from the tent pitched next to mine were running around outside completely naked..."

"Getting worse."

"Waving around bags of cocaine..."

"Worse still."