xvii. oh, the boy's a slag

✧⁺❀ C h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n . . .

Even though Lola loved the feeling of being enveloped in the warmth of Alex's shirt, she knew that it was only a temporary solution to her otherwise nakedness above the waist and that she really needed to get dressed into some real clothing - presumably her own.

Since Domino Records had rented the entirety of the motel for the day, this meant that all the rooms belonged to them for the time being. Alex and the rest of the band had each been individually assigned their own room, so he had taken to number 505 - ironic, he knew - so she had space to change. After a short trip to Becky, who had given him some knowing glances at his enquiry regarding Lola, the head of beauty and costume had handed over her clothes.

While Alex sat in the bedroom, Lola had taken herself to the bathroom to change. She had eagerly cast off the wet bikini - as though it were poisonous to touch - and had also removed Alex's now soaking shirt, slightly more reluctantly, for whatever reason. She now wore a black AC/DC shirt with electric pink lettering, which fell down to the middle of her thighs. At the concert she had been unable to hear the seller correctly and as a result had ended up in possession of a t-shirt that was too big for her - it was beyond comfortable, however. Peeking out slightly from under this shirt, were a pair of acid-washed blue shorts and fishnet tights, so her legs didn't look completely bare. The most relieving thing about the bathroom was that Lola had been able to clean away her bleeding mascara and wash the chlorine out of her hair in the shower, before drying it with the hairdryer the motel kept in the room.

Stepped out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, Lola laid down on the bed next to Alex, kicking her feet in the air, as she feigned exhaustion. The truth was that she was drained, but her melodramatic performance exaggerated this. She only looked up to hear a teasing comment from the singer at her side.

"Did you know," Alex mused, "that today is pretty much the third time I've seen you naked or in a state of undress?"

This swept the air from Lola's lungs. "I'm sorry, what?"

"The first time," Alex recounted, "was when you were at mine after the events of the Rose and Crown. I got you changed into my Lacoste shirt, remember?"

"You saw me naked?"

"I didn't look, of course. A gentlemen wouldn't look..."

"You definitely looked. Didn't you, Turner? I can read you like a book."

Alex smirked. "Maybe just a little bit."

Lola rolled her eyes. "So, I assume you're counting me losing my bikini top today to be the third. When's the second time?"

"Have you forgotten the beautiful, heart-warming moments we shared in the Bentley, yesterday, already?"

"Heart-warming isn't exactly how I would describe it," Lola joked at his sarcasm. "Besides, hold up. I wasn't completely naked. I had underwear on. That doesn't count." Lola paused and laughed. "I mean I don't know why you're counting, but I don't think you can class that as an occasion. I make it two and a half times, not three."