Chapter 1

I'm patrolling around the outskirts of the dawn court with Soteria, who is the High Lord of Dawns mate and the general of our Peregryn army. Where I am also the co-general of our army. We have to be here for six hours and fly around the court three times to check the perimeter.

"Daisy, remember that we need to be at Thesan's castle in an hour for the High lords meeting." Soteria says.

"Yeah, I remember." I say mockingly.

"And I know that you don't like dressing up, but could you just this once? To make a good impression of the Lords. We are the hosts." He asks.

"I guess I could, but you know I won't wear any frilly dresses." I say pointing a finger in his direction.

"I know. I know. I learned from the last time not to try to get you to wear anything you don't want to. I still have the scar from it." Soteria says.

We patrol for a bit longer, looking for anything suspicious. We can't have anything happen because that would be bad, but also all of the lords will be here, so we have to make a good impression.

"Well, we better get going, so then you have time to get ready." He recommends.

"Yeah right, more like you need more time to get ready. Are you and Thesan going to have matching outfits?" I say.

"No. I can't be his mate today. I have to be his general."

We fly back to the palace and I head to my room. I'm looking through my closet to see if anything is appropriate. Well, I have some armor, which won't work, I have some daggers in here. Why are my daggers in here? I throw them onto my desk to put away later.

"No, I can't wear that dress it shows too much. I guess this dress will do." I say to myself. I put on the long green, blue, and purple dress that contrasts with my white kind of beige wings.

I grab my sword just in case then head downstairs. I see Thesan and Soteria all ready and waiting. I walk over to them and stand on the other side of Thesan. Then we wait. The chamber has deep-cushioned oak chairs had been arranged in a massive circle in the heart of the room - enough for all the High Lords and their delegates. Also some have been shaped to accommodate wings, which is necessary. I see some of the High Lords are starting to arrive.

"You look beautiful Daisy." Soteria whispers.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I reply. Then the night court and all of their members start to enter. I see Rhysand, which apparently has wings, Feyre, Mor, and Cassian.

"Did you know that Rhysand had wings?" I ask Soteria.

"No, but I guess he must glamor them. Though, they look nicer than your wings" He replies.

"We have the same wings, so when you insult mine, you also insult yours."

"Ours are cooler though. Theirs are kind of creepy." I reply.

"Are you sure about that? At least we don't look like a pigeon" Cassian challenges.

"Well at least we don't look like we're emo." I counter. Cassian goes to continue argueing, but Rhysand gives him a look to stop. Then I see their shadowsinger, Azriel, trailing behind them.

I must have been staring at him for a while because Soteria remarks, "You better stop staring or people will think you're checking him out."

"I wasn't checking him out." I reply. Then he gives me a look like he doesn't believe me.

"Well, maybe I was, but can you blame me?" I ask.

"As a mated male, yes, but as just a male, no." He replies smiling. The night court comes up to us and we greet them.