Chapter 5

AN: There may be a few times that I said something going on that the character Daisy would not know, but I put it in because the readers may want to know what is going on, such as Daisy probably wouldn't know the name of Elain's previous betrothed, but I left it in so, you guys would know who it is. Or something she wouldn't see or hear as well.

A FEW MONTHS LATER

Since the announcement that we were preparing for war went out, Soteria and I have been preparing the Peregryns. We've made plans about who will be in what sectors and in what formations.

"Jace, what is your squadron supposed to do?" I ask.

"We fly in on the left flank and follow your squadron. We stay in the air and fight." He replies.

"Good. What if our unit gets scattered?"

"Reform the front line." He replies.

"Good. Now everyone partner up and work on your fighting while flying. Later we'll go over our formations again. Dismissed." I say then everyone goes off to practice fighting. I fly over to where Soteria is looking over our mapped out plans.

"Am I being too tough on them?" I ask.

"No, they need to be prepared for what they will experience. Most of them weren't even alive during our last war." He replies.

Thesan appears walking towards us, "Rhysand messaged us. They're in position and we need to get ready to leave tomorrow morning to get there in time for Hybern."

"When is Hybern going to attack?" Soteria asks.

"Rhysand thinks in three days, so we better get going since it takes two days of flying to get there. Then we will have time to recharge before the battle." He replies.

"Okay, I'll announce to everyone that we're leaving tomorrow." I say and fly away. I go to every commander of every squadron and tell them the plan and they tell all of their squadron. I fly back to my room and start packing my essentials and lay out my armor for tomorrow.

THE NEXT MORNING

I get up and start putting on my armor. It's gold plated and the helmet has a spiked point on it. I grab my swords and strap them onto my back, then grab my bag and head out to find Soteria and my troops.

I find Soteria who is helping some people get ready to go.

"Are you ready?" I ask him.

"Is anyone ever ready for battle? I've lived through several, but still you're never ready." He replies.

"You can just try to prepare for them the best that you can." I say. I walk up onto the platform that overlooks all of the peregryns.

"So, is everybody ready to move out?" I yell. I get a bunch of yes's back.

"The leaders of each squadron make sure everyone in your group is ready to go and accounted for. We'll head out in twenty minutes. Make sure you have enough weapons and gear." I yell. I walk off the platform and back over to Soteria.

"Hey, aren't I the captain, you're just the co-captain. Shouldn't I be the one telling people what to do?" He asks.

"You are, but you got the inspirational speech part." I reply.

"Aw man. I hate that part. I guess I can think of something." Twenty minutes passes and everyone is ready and accounted for. Soteria gets onto the platform to do his inspirational speech.

"Okay, peregryns. It's going to be a rough flight to get there in time. We probably won't have time to rest much while traveling. Then we'll fight in a war, but we can do it. We'll do it for our family's, our court, and for Prythian. We're going to go down there and kick some Hybern ass. So, who's with me!" He asks.