Chapter 16

I wake up and see that I'm laying in an infirmary bed. And sitting in the chair next to my bed is Azriel.

He sees me waking up and steps up next to my bed, "How are you feeling?"

"My shoulder and wings really hurt, but otherwise I'm fine. What happened?" I ask, looking around the room.

"Me and Cassian came back and found you and Nesta gone. Nesta was in the water with a kelpie." He says and I give him a worried look.

"Did you guys save her? I tried, but the spiders attacked me." I ask.

"She didn't really need saving. She came out of the water holding the kelpies head and becoming like death." He replies and I give him a confused look.

"Yeah, I'm not making it up. It was really scary and I thought she was scary before." And we laugh.

"Then what happened?" I ask.

"I went to find you, and found your sword in the brush, then we tracked them back to their lair. Cassian distracted them while I grabbed you."

"Okay." I reply, then remember, "Are you okay? Shouldn't you be in bed as well?" I ask.

"I've already healed. You had more injuries than I did." He says holding my hand, "I'll get in bed if you join me."

"I'm a little injured right now, but I'll take you up on your offer later."

"I know what would help you heal faster." Azriel says and leans in to kiss me when Cassian rushes in the room, slamming the door wide open.

"I heard you're awake! Why didn't you tell me right away?," He sees us staring at him and adds, "Oh. Were you guys having a moment? Sorry, I'll leave. Have fun! No babies, we already have Rhys' spawn coming, we don't need more." He blurts out then runs out of the room. 

Though, we can still hear him down the hall saying, "Well, if they did have a baby, then I would have to have one as well, to keep up. Maybe that's actually a good idea. Nesta! We have to have a baby!" He yells.

We chuckle and continue kissing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a place in the Court of Nightmares where even Keir and his elite squadron of Darkbringers did not dare tread.

Once the Night Court's enemies entered that place, they did not come out. Not alive, anyway.

Most of what remained of their bodies didn't leave, either. Those went through the hatch in the center of the circular room- and into the pit of writhing beasts below. To their scales and claws and merciless hunger. The beasts did not feed often; they could receive a body every ten years and make it last, going into hibernation between meals.

The trickling blood of the two Autumn Court males through the black stone floor's grate woke them.

Their snarls and hisses, their snapping tails and scraping claws should have incentivized the males chained to the chairs to talk.

A few days later, I was cleared out of the infirmary, and now I'm helping Azriel and Cassian torture information out of the Autumn court soldiers.

Azriel leaned against the wall by the lone door, Truth-Teller bloody in his hand. Cassian, a step beside him, and Feyre, on Az's other side, watched as Rhys and Amren approached the two males.

"Are you feeling more inclined to explain yourselves?" Rhys said, hands sliding into his pockets. 

The Mask, covered with a black velvet cloth, lay on a table in another room of the palace, equally warded and spelled.