Chapter 2

AN: Sorry if this is mainly dialogue from the book and not much of Daisy speaking.

"Prove it." Helion goaded.

Tamlin lifted his hand and a stack of papers appeared on the little table beside his chair. "Charts of armies, ammunition caches of faebane. Everything carefully gleaned these months."

"Noble as it sounds, who is to say that information is correct-or that you aren't Hybern's agent, trying to mislead us?" Helion asks.

"Who is to say that Rhysand and his cronies are not agents of Hybern, all of this a ruse to get you to yield without realising it?"

"You can't be serious." Nesta murmured, but we all heard.

"If we need to ally against Hybern, you are doing a good job of convincing us not to band together, Tamlin." Thesan says.

"I am simply warning you that they might present the guise of honesty and friendship, but the fact remains that he warmed Amaranthas bed for fifty years, and onIy worked against her when it seemed like the tide was turning. I'm warning you that while he claims his own city was attacked by Hybern, they made off remarkably well, as if they'd been anticipating it. Don't think he wouldn't sacrifice a few buildings and lesser faeries to lure you into an alliance, into thinking you all had a common enemy. Why is it that only the Night Court got word about the attack on Adriata and were the only ones to arrive in time to play savior?" Tamlin asks.

"They received word," Varian cut in coolly, "because I warned them of it." Tarquin whipped his head to his cousin, brows high with surprise.

"Perhaps you're working with them, too," Tamlin said to the Prince of Adriata. "You're next in line, after all."

"You're insane. Do you hear what you're saying? Hyhern turned my sisters into Fae after your bitch of a priestess sold them out!" Feyre yells.

"Perhaps Ianthe's mind was already in Rhysand's thrall. And what a tragedy to remain young and beautiful. You're a good actress-I'm sure the trait runs in the family." Tamlin counters.

Nesta let out a low laugh. "If you want someone to blame for all of this," she said to Tamlin, "perhaps you should first look in the mirror." Tamlin snarled at her.

Cassian snarled right back, "Watch it."

Tamlin looked between Nesta and Cassian-his gaze lingering on Cassian's wings, tucked in behind him and snorted. "Seems like other preferences run in the Archeron family, too."

"What do you want? An apology? For me to crawl back into bed and nice, little wifey?" Feyre asks.

"Why would I want spoiled goods returned to me?" Tamlin asks. Oooh, he's defidently going to get beat up. If no one else will, then I'm willing.

"Seriously dude, get over it." I wisper and Soteria hears me and looks at me wide eyed, telling me that I would defiantly be in trouble if I said that louder.

"The moment you let him fuck you like an-" One heartbeat, the poisoned words were spewing from his mouth-where fangs lengthened. Then they stopped. Tamlin's mouth simply stopped emitting sounds. He shut his mouth, opened it-tried again. No sound, not even a snarl, came out. There was no smile on Rhysand's face, not a glint of that irreverent amusement as he rested his head against the back of his chair. "The gasping fish look is a good one for you, Tamlin."

The others, who had been watching with disdain and amusement and boredom, now turned to Rhysand. Now possessed a shadow of fear in their eyes as they realized who and what, exactly, sat amongst them. Brethren, and yet not. Tamlin was a High Lord, as powerful as any of them. Except for Rhysand who was as different from them as humans were to Fae. They forgot it, sometimes how deep that well of power went. What manner of power Rhys bore. But as Rhysand ripped away Tamlin's ability to speak, they remembered.