Chapter 10

Since the Winter Solstice, we've spent more time together, got to know each other, and have decided to become mates. We decided to wait until our mating ceremony for me to serve him any food, which was a month ago. (Sorry if this feels like they are moving too fast, but I feel like for most mate bonds, in their world, they move relatively fast. They meet, get to know one another then have a mating ceremony. There probably isn't as much drama regarding their relationship as with Feysand and Nessian.)

One of my concerns about our relationship was about my job and which court we would live in. Azriel was super supportive of whatever I wanted to do. He wouldn't ever force me to leave my job for him or to be anything I didn't want to be. We've decided that I would move back and forth between courts for now and that I would work part time in the Night court training female Illyrians and helping with court decisions. Right now I'm flying back to the Dawn Court to tell them some news. I find Soteria talking to Jace and go over to them.

"Well isn't it Mrs. Shadowsinger. What brings you back to your old court?" Soteria asks.

"This isn't my old court. I just have several now. And I have some news to share with you guys." I say. Then they go pale.

"Oh please don't tell me you're pregnant?" He says.

"No! Of course not!," and they both let out a sigh of relief.

"Since I'm not going to be here as much, I was thinking that I should promote someone to take my place as co-general. I'll still be here, but I just need someone to take over my training and my other duties." I say.

"Who are you talking about? You didn't consult me on this at all." Soteria says.

"I was thinking of having Jace replace me."

"Oh." They say.

"I guess he's an okay replacement." Soteria says.

"Just okay? I'm the best warrior we have." Jace says.

"I didn't say that. I just thought that you have shadowed me for years, so you are well prepared for it. Also if you need help, you could ask me or Soteria. Remember that I'll still be here, I'm not completely leaving you." I say.

"Yeah you are. You're leaving us for a big wingspan." He says.

"I won't deny that." I say and Soteria gives me a disgusted face.

"Do we have to worry about you giving out all of our court secrets to them?" He asks.

"No, I'll keep your secrets safe. The only secrets he'll get out of me are-" I'm cut off by Soteria waving his hands in the air, "I've already heard how persuasive he can be."

"What? I had to listen to you talk about Thesan when you first mated, so I owe you. Also I don't give you all of the dirty details like you did with me." I say.

"I wasn't that bad." He defends.

"Yes, you were." Then we're silent for a bit.

"Well, let's get to training. I can't have you two slacking without me." I say and we go over and start training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Azriel are walking down to breakfast before we have to go spying. We walk into the dining room and Cassian and Nesta are there. I can feel the tension between them. Looks like we walked into another one of their hating each other phases that are awkward for everyone else in the room. We walk over and take a seat at the table next to Cassian and a plate of food appears in front of both of us.

"That's freaky. Does it normally do that? How does it know what food I like?" I ask Az.

"I'm not sure."