𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:KARINE

CHAPTER ONE:
KARINE

THERE WERE ONLY TEN LEFT. And Liliya was one of them. She had made it this far, the woman sixteen years old now and having killed more than she would like to admit. She didn't know why but it seemed like all of the kids wanted to go after her and that's not what she wanted. Liliya didn't like slitting someone's throat and watching them bleed out, but she did what she had to do to survive. And maybe that's why they seemed to like her so much, because she knew what she was doing and what she had to do even if she didn't like it.

She had a journal placed under her pillow, filled with all of the names of the children that she had killed so that she wouldn't forget them and so that she could remember what it was like to have emotions. They had tried over and over again to make the girl forget what it felt like to feel. But they had failed over and over again, because she just simply refused to give that part of herself up, and that made the creators annoyed and frustrated with her.

A knock came on her door and immediately her hand flew to the knife that was hidden under her pillow along with her journal. She gripped the weapon tightly, creeping towards the door and standing against the wall as she pulled open the door. She quickly jumped to attack, grabbing onto the person and slamming them onto the floor before pinning them down and pressing the knife against their throat, ready to cut only to stop when she saw who it was.

Liliya sighed, closing her eyes as she got off of the person. Karine smirked as she held up her hands, sitting up once Liliya had climbed off of her. It was true that the duo had managed to become friends, even though Karine didn't mind the killing. She enjoyed the sight of blood. Liliya was positive the girl was turning into a psychopath, but that's why she stayed close with her in hopes of keeping her away from that path.

     Liliya punched her friend in the shoulder. "I could've killed you!"

     "Well, you'll have to do it some day." Karine shrugged her shoulders, that infamous smirk of hers still on her face. "Face it, Liliya. You and I are going to be the last two in this place. The finish line is growing closer and closer. And all of these bozos are determined to get your blood on their hands so they're becoming very predictable, and sooner or later we're going to kill them all, and then it's going to be you and me."

     "If it comes down to that, I'll just have to yield." Liliya scoffed, closing her bedroom door and locking it as she stood up, pulling Karine up with her. Karine jumped onto Liliya's bed, narrowing her green eyes dangerously at the blonde.

     "You better not. If I'm gonna win, I wanna do it fair and square, same thing if I lose. You gotta at least give me a fighting chance."

     Liliya only rolled her eyes and Karine smiled before digging under Liliya's pillow and pulling out her journal. She flipped through it and scoffed. "You're really keeping track?"

     "They're innocent people, Karine."

     "Yeah, innocent people that tried to rip your organs from your body."

     Liliya scrunched her nose. "That's disgusting."

     "I seriously have no clue how you've managed to make it this far. I mean, you refused to touch a knife until you were like ten. Those first five years only one person seemed to die every year. And then we all turned into teenagers and it was like our hormones craved death instead of sex. Thirty-Five kids have died in the past three years."

     "Thanks for the reminder." Liliya sarcastically smiled before walking over to her bed and snatching the journal from Karine's hand, placing the journal and her knife back under her pillow. "What are you doing here, Karine? It's midnight."

     "I just wanted to see my friend, is that so wrong of me?" Karine questioned, shrugging her shoulders. Liliya gave the girl a blank look and Karine sighed and nodded her head. "Fine, fine. I came here because I overheard the others talking about how they plan to kill me first before getting to you so that you don't have any help."

     "All of them at once?" Liliya cocked an eyebrow. "That's stupid of them. They could get killed so much easier by doing that. All we'd have to do is set up a death trap and boom, all of their arms and legs are cut off."

     "Wow, that was violent." Karine laughed, almost like she was proud of Liliya's words. "You're growing up so fast." Liliya scoffed and turned off the light.

     "Goodnight, Karine." Karine moved over so that Liliya could crawl into the bed as well, a smile on the girl's face.

     "Night, Liliya."

Like Karine had stated, the group of eight children had in fact broken into Karine's room and were frustrated when they found it empty. And then an argument broke out, wondering who it was that blabbed of their plan, and like they were taught to react, knives and weapons were thrown every which way. The eight children were killing one another whilst their two main targets were sleeping soundlessly in Liliya's bedroom. And when they woke up the next morning, neither girl was prepared for the information that would be passed onto them.

 And when they woke up the next morning, neither girl was prepared for the information that would be passed onto them