𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:COMPLETE STRANGER

CHAPTER SIX:
COMPLETE STRANGER

YEARS. THAT'S HOW LONG LILIYA had been with the Murder House organization, going so far as to watching over a new set of kids that were being dragged into the awful place. She seemed to barely remember it, her focus was always on the mission that she had at task. And right now that mission was to find Captain America and kill him. She knew it wasn't going to be easy, and she did love a challenge. So, she allowed herself to train. She allowed herself to become skilled in everything that she could. Dr. Von was right when she said Liliya was special. The woman caught on quickly.

Her mind was swiped, her memories of bonding with Karine no where inside her head, only on a sheet of paper that Liliya had kept with her before the experiment. Before it all went so wrong. Karine wanted her to find a way out, and yet the almost thirty-year-old woman was still standing there, forgetting everything her childhood best friend had taught her and remembering only the kills that the Murder House kept plastered in her mind. The murder strategies she talked about were still there, but the person she talked to them about was a complete stranger to Liliya.

Liliya won. That's what the Petrova girl knew. She knew that she won, that she was the best, and yet that was the only thing that mattered to her. She won. She was the best. And that was her motivation to keep her mission perfect, to complete them before her time limit was up, sometimes before her time limit even started. The Murder House had made a perfect killer, and they knew it. They watched everything she did with proud smiles lining their faces, knowing that no one they collected would ever be better than the blonde woman in front of them.

They didn't want to say it out loud, not wanting to possibly jinx it, but there was not a doubt in her mind that Liliya Petrova was better than the infamous Natasha Romanoff. The assassin that was known well all throughout the criminal world, the assassin that made mistakes and enemies. Liliya was better than her. Liliya didn't make mistakes, she didn't make enemies. Everyone knew her in the criminal world, yet at the same time no one knew her. She was a ghost, one that the Murder House wanted to keep in their grasp.

Liliya didn't know it yet, but they wanted to go a step further. They wanted to stretch her limits, they wanted her to have inhuman abilities so that she could be better than anyone she came across. But they wouldn't activate that part of the plan yet, not until Liliya started the destruction of the Avengers. Dr. Von knew that the Avengers were a powerful group of people, she knew that they were not to be underestimated, and she made sure that Liliya knew that as well.

Liliya stood there in her room, provided to her by Dr. Von who claimed that she needed her own space in order to concentrate, to be the best version of herself that she could be. The blonde haired assassin held one of the files in her hands, glancing occasionally at the other five files that lay on the table before focusing back on the one that Dr. Von had assigned to her first. She didn't understand what was so special about this Captain America besides the fact that he was the first super soldier.

He didn't have any supernatural powers, the closest thing being that of his strength but even then his strength was nothing compared to Thor or Hulk. He carried a shield as a weapon that was painted with red a white. And his costume―︎she just found it all a little bit ridiculous. And extra. No one could really love America that much, could they? Liliya knew that she hated her country, even if she had grown up within its borders. She couldn't help but find it amusing that the most human of the Avengers was the leader of them. Tony Stark may have been human, but at least he had a metal suit that allowed him to fly into the air and shoot things from his hands. Natasha―︎ well, she was a Black Widow, there was nothing more to it. Clint Barton was a trained assassin himself, Thor was a literal god, and Bruce Banner turned giant and green. Steve simply flew a plane into ice and called it a day.

Liliya scoffed, rolling her eyes as she continued to read the file. This guy was going to be easy to take down, that's what her thoughts told her at least. But there were things about Steve Rogers that Liliya didn't know, things that weren't inside the file that she was holding gently in her hands. She didn't know how caring the super soldier was, how he found a solution to everything. She didn't know that Steve was going to be the reason she got to keep her promise to Karine―︎that he was going to be the reason she had the chance to escape this place. And that was something that neither Liliya nor Dr. Von would ever be prepared for.

 Von would ever be prepared for