𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:GOLDEN PLATTER

CHAPTER FIVE:
GOLDEN PLATTER

SHE KNEW FIGHTING WOULD MAKE it so much worse. So, as they led her from the murder home, driving her to a completely different facility, she allowed herself to easily lay down on the medical bed, allowing them to strap her down to it before they started pushing her down the hallway. She watched the ceiling, lights going back every few feet. She was filled with regret, with fear, and she had a feeling all of that simple emotion was soon to be ripped from her body.

     "Evening, Miss Petrova." A woman's voice spoke. "You're going to feel a little prick, and that's just me giving you a little bit of a prick, it's a numbing agent, in hopes of making this process a little less painful."

     "What are you going to do to me?" Liliya said through a clenched jaw, feeling the numbing agent quickly flow through her entire body.

     "We. . . are going to make you better." And before she knew it, the testing started. Liliya closed her eyes, allowing for the doctors to prick at her body, not like she really had a choice. She let them do everything that they needed in order to shape her into this perfect soldier. And all she could think about was Karine.

It wasn't just the needles being stabbed into her skin, it was the numbing training that she was forced to go, the brainwashing that made her want to scream. She could feel every part of who she was being ripped from her body. She could feel the emotion leak from her body, going straight down the drain, never for her to see again. Her blue eyes almost turned a dull grey color, years passed by, shifting her into the perfect soldier.  Shifting her into the person that she had tried so hard not to become.

It was like the Red Room, exactly like the Red Room, and it made Liliya scoff at how unoriginal the people were. She stood there, black cat suit covering her body as she held the gun in her hand, pointing it before getting smacked in the shoulder for holding it wrong. Again. And Again. And Again. Over and over, holding that gun out in front of her until it was perfect, until she could close her eyes and shoot at her target successfully.

And before she knew it, she was being sent out on missions. Missions to kill, missions to be professional, missions that the old her would never do. But she did them all. She did them all without blinking, without feeling remorse. They had officially ripped apart and put back together pieces of Liliya. Her mind was scrambled, the parts of her that she thought she knew so dearly were utterly shattered, they were gone, and there was nothing that she could do about it.

Standing up straight after killing her target, she was quick to make his body and her existence of ever being there completely disappear. The woman stuffed the gun in its holster, walking into the Murder House organization with a straight face, letting them know the mission had been completed. Dr. Von smiled in satisfaction as she looked at the blonde. She had to admit that she did have a moment of satisfaction, knowing that she had finally been able to take away the one thing Liliya valued the most in her life. She had hoped the murder House would do that, just like it had done the others, but Liliya wasn't like the others, and that's why Dr. Von cherished her so much.

     "Liliya." Dr. Von greeted. "I suspect everything went smoothly.

     "As smoothly as most killings go." Liliya answered. The woman looked at Dr. Von with an almost bored look on her face. "Do you have anything else for me? Or can I go practice with my knives."

     "I would like to talk to you for a moment." Dr. Von hummed, moving to sit on top of her desk as she crossed her legs. Liliya stood there, patiently waiting for the woman to speak. She felt like a robot, and although every part of her brain was trying to tell her to kill Dr. Von and run, the part of her that had been so brainwashed fight back even harder and was winning. "There is a new mission that I've found has come to light."

     "Mhm, and you want to me to kill whoever is involved? How many is it this time? Two? Twelve? Twenty-four?"

     Dr. Von managed an amused smile as she looked at the blonde before simply shaking her head. "Six."

     "Six?" Liliya cocked an eyebrow at the woman. "Well, what are there names, and where can I find them."

     Dr. Von chuckled at her eagerness, standing up and placing a hand on Liliya's shoulder. "Now, now, my child, no need to be in such a rush. Especially not for this one. This one is going to be a little harder." She walked over, grabbing six different files and handing them to the woman. Liliya took them in her grasp, looking back at Dr. Von with an expectant look. "They're called the Avengers. And they have made quite a name for themselves. They consist of a man who flies around in a metal suit, a man who can shoot arrows perfectly without missing a shot, a god that can summon lightning with a, uh, hammer, and of course they've somehow managed to warp a Red Room assassin into their little band of troublemakers. But I want you to save all of them for later. The one I want you to focus on is this man."

     Liliya watched as Dr. Von leaned forward, taking one of the files from Liliya's hands and placing it on top. Liliya looked at her for a moment before flipping the file open to find a man dressed in a red, whit, and blue suit. The assassin scoffed. "Him?"

     "He calls himself Captain America." Dr. Von explained to her. "He's the most human, his only weapon is that of the shield. He'll be the easiest to take out. I want you to read up on all of these, train yourself until you think you're ready to go out there and kill them. I know this a bigger mission, so I know it's going to take some time."

     "Oh, don't worry about me." Liliya hummed. "I'll have their heads on a golden platter within the next week."

     Dr. Von smirked. "That's my girl." And with a nod, Liliya was dismissed.

" And with a nod, Liliya was dismissed