𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:UNDERSTAND

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
UNDERSTAND

LILIYA WAS HESITANT AS SHE followed Dr. Von. She kept her shoulders straight, her chin up, making sure not to show any of her concern or confusion as they walked down the many half of the headquarters. Dr. Von wasn't saying a word, not answering any of Liliya's questions. Instead she walked with a strut, a small excited smirk plastered on her face as her hands swung at her sides. She was walking with a purpose, and Liliya was scared to find what that purpose was.

The two women made their way into the lab, doctors were running back and forth, others were standing by one another, talking about some sort of experiment. In the middle of the room a white dentist chair was placed. Beside of the chair was a metal table that held several vials of liquid on top of it. A syringe was placed by the vials, empty and ready for use. Her eyes moved over to the restraints that lay patiently on either arm and two long straps that were placed in the middle and closer to the bottom.

Liliya carefully walked over to the chair, eyebrows furrowed as her hand hovered over top of the table with the vials. She frowned, reaching forwards and carefully lifting a vial into the light, moving it around slightly as the silver liquid inside glistened against the light. She swirled the liquid inside, her frown deepening even more. Carefully putting the vial back down, Liliya slowly turned around, taking in the full lab before her eyes fell onto Dr. Von who was already watching her, her heels clicking against the floor as she made her way over to Liliya. Liliya swallowed thickly, an uneasy feeling settling in her stomach.

     Liliya could see the glances casually being thrown her way, the scientists eyes filled with some kind of excitement that Liliya didn't quite understand. She was out of the loop, but something told her that she was about to be caught up very quickly. She kept her head up, eyes roaming the room as if she were looking for some sort of danger before her eyes went back to Dr. Von. There was an alert going off in her brain, telling her to get out, to run away while she still could. But her feet stayed planted right where they were and the question she wanted―︎no needed ―︎to ask slipped from her mouth. "What is this?"

     Dr. Von stared at Liliya with a wide smile. She clasped her hands professionally in front of her. That excitement danced in her eyes. "Liliya, you are my best student. You have always been my best student and I'm glad I got the chance to see you bloom into this absolutely amazing person. You are a wonderful assassin, Liliya. I saw that in you when I first took you in. Now, you can become even better." She placed her hands on Liliya's shoulder, walking her back over to the vials filled with silver liquid. "This is our future. This is your future."

     "I don't understand." Liliya shook her head, completely and utterly confused. "Dr. Von, what is this? What the hell are you talking about?" Her heart was starting to pound violently in her chest. She could feel her training trying to kick in, forcing her heart rate to slow down, her emotions trying to slip away from her.  That panic flaring made her instincts kick in. Every part of her body was yelling at her to make a run for it, but she could feel Dr. Von's grip on her shoulder tighten slightly.

     "You will." Dr. Von assured her. "You will understand soon enough my child." She reached over, pushing a blonde hair from Liliya's face. She had noticed a difference in the blonde since she had been brought back. Nothing could get passed the grey haired woman. She carefully sat Liliya down on the chair. "You, Liliya, are our newest subject." Dr. Von answered, glancing over her shoulders as two others clad in a white doctor coats made their way over towards her. Suddenly, they grabbed onto Liliya.

Liliya struggled, fight mode immediately turning on as she kicked one of the doctors, turning and elbowing the other in the face. They were both quick to come back up, grabbing onto Liliya who was trying her best to get away. The grabbed her arms and pulled her back against the chair. She quickly hiked her body up, kicking Dr. Von in the face, sending her stumbling backwards, distracting the two long enough for Liliya maneuver her body to wrap around of the doctors neck, squeezing as she cut off his oxygen, causing him to let go of her. She took the opportunity to grab the other doctor and slam his head roughly onto the metal table, loosening his grip and causing him to collapse to the floor.

Liliya quickly used her strength to wrap herself around the other doctor, placing herself onto his shoulder before pulling his body away from the chair before wrapping her legs around him in order to flip him over her body. She landed safely on the ground, throwing her head back to get the hair away from her face. Her eyes scanned the doctors, waiting for the next move before her eyes spotted the door that would let her leave the lab. She made a run for it.

Liliya ran like her life depended on it―︎and at that moment she was sure that it did. She had to escape this place, she had to get back to Natasha somehow, their plan had worked. But maybe it had worked too well. She shoved through the double doors, sprinting down the hall, making lefts and rights easily seeing as she knew the building like the back of her hand. She didn't bother with the elevator and instead went right towards the steps, running down multiple floors before making it to the first.

She burst from the stairs, sliding to a stop as she looked left and right. People were running at her from both directions. She cocked her head and sighed before turning right and running straight towards them. She slid under the hit of the first one, spinning and punching him in the face, sending him staggering back. She threw her head backwards, headbutting the other before quickly spinning and slamming her feet into the chest of the third. She quickly ran. She could see the exit. She could see her freedom. And just as she reached it, just as her hand pressed firmly against the door, she felt a jab in her neck and her vision turned black.

 And just as she reached it, just as her hand pressed firmly against the door, she felt a jab in her neck and her vision turned black