𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:I'LL BE BACK

CHAPTER EIGHT:
I'LL BE BACK

SHE WOULD LEAVE TODAY. BUT, before she did that, she was going to take a few more moments to practice. She wanted for herself to be complete perfection for when this mission finally started. And she knew that once she took one of them down, the other five Avengers would be after her along with the entirety of S.H.I.E.L.D.  who she had yet to fall on the radar of. They knew nothing about her, they didn't know that she was coming or that she even existed, and that gave her a major advantage.

The blonde haired woman smirked to herself as she finished placing whatever it was that she needed on her person. Liliya was all on her own for this one, she wasn't going to have any help whatsoever and she loved that. She hated working with other people. They almost always got in her way and they made the mission a lot longer than it would take if it was just Liliya alone. She had been on several missions, she has killed several people. It was constant mission after mission, kill after kill. The only break she got was when she would be allowed the chance to train.

Liliya was constantly working. She was constantly trying to make her skills better and better with each passing second, and that's what made her the best of the best. She might be even better than Natasha Romanoff herself. But she didn't know yet. Though, she had a feeling that once she completed this particular mission that she would soon to find out who would win. The Red Room assassin versus the Murder House assassin. The simple thought seemed to make the blonde excited. She was excited to make it to the Black Widow, knowing that Natasha wouldn't hold back and would aim to kill her.

She placed knives all over her person, along with guns and extra ammo. Anything that she could fit to help her win this was placed on her body. And when she was ready, she had the most evil smirk that Dr. Von had ever seen plastered on her face. The dark haired doctor watched as Liliya made her way towards her, her hair bouncing on her shoulders and flowing through the wind. That was another plus side about Liliya Petrova. She was absolutely gorgeous. She would make all the heads turn―︎boy or girl. Dr. Von knew that if Liliya had the chance, she could simply take the world in the palm of her hand with the simple bat of her eyes or the dazzling smile that blinded any that saw it.

     "Liliya." Dr. Von greeted the blonde, watching as the assassin stopped a few inches from her. "I see you're ready." Liliya only nodded. "If all goes well with Rogers, you will be hunted down. So, as soon as he's dead. I want you home. I have something that I would like to add to your. . . personality, per say. Something that will make you even stronger than you already are."

     "Well, I would go ahead and prepare whatever that is, Dr. Von. Because I'll be back before you know it." Liliya spoke her truth, because that's what the woman believed. She believed that she would be able to kill Steve Rogers within the matter of days. But just like he didn't know what he was up against, Liliya didn't truly know what she was up against either.

Sure, she had read about him in a file. She had read up on everything that she possibly could about this Steve Rogers. She was smart enough to know not to underestimate the man. He was the first Super Soldier after all. That's why Liliya knew that she had to be careful. However, Liliya only knew about his physical attributes. She knew about his strength, agility, all that fun stuff. But one thing she wasn't going to expect from the man was his determination to save her. To save her from what she had known her whole life, because even though Lliya was good at hiding it, he could see through her.

Dr. Von had always said that she could never take the emotional side of Liliya away. And Dr. Von thought she had succeeded, and technically she had. Liliya had buried that humane and emotional side of her so deep that she didn't know that it was still there. She didn't acknowledge it, she allowed her to be this hard emotionless assassin that did everything that she was told. She was brainwashed―︎just not all the way. And Liliya didn't know that Steve was going to be the reason she started to care again.

Liliya didn't realize as she made her way onto the jet, that this mission was going to be the start of a war. A war within her mind, telling her to follow orders, whilst also telling her to follow her heart. It was something that Liliya nor anyone was prepared for. And as soon as the jet door closed, her fate had been sealed and the Liliya Petrova that Dr. Von had created would be gone forever.

 Von had created would be gone forever