𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:SURVIVOR

CHAPTER NINE:
SURVIVOR

TO KILL OR BE KILLED. That was something that Liliya had always lived by. It was the first thing that Katrine had taught her when she had first became a part of the Murder House. Liliya could remember the glares, the look of wanting to kill her buried within their eyes. And yet, all at the same time, everything that happened at the Murder House seemed to be a faint memory of someone that she used to be. The little girl who still cared, who still felt everything. The person Liliya used to be who Dr. Von had so aggressively ripped from her. Liliya was nothing more than an experiment to them, but she didn't know this, or did she seem to care.

She landed the jet, the stars slowly appearing in the night sky as it started to turn darker whilst her home turned lighter. She stopped once again, taking another moment to look up at the stars, before her face became void of emotion. She made her way towards the city of New York, walking down the street and keeping her head down so as to not be noticed―︎not that anyone would care. They would simply see her as a blonde haired, blue eyed beauty.

The assassin walked through the streets of New York, not at all surprised to find that it truly was the city that never sleeps. Honks, and yells of anger, could be heard echoing throughout the entire city. It made the woman roll her eyes, wondering why anyone would ever want to live there. It seemed like people would be annoyed by the constant noise, she knew that she would be. She didn't enjoy a lot of noise, it distracted her, a flaw that she had tried so hard to get rid of, but could never do so.

She closed her eyes, a deep sigh falling from her lips. She had to complete her mission. She had to. She didn't care what it took, she needed to please Dr. Von. She had to. She had to become better, she had to be the best, and if killing Steve Rogers allowed her to be just that, than you could be that she would do anything to complete this mission. She had heard of the mighty heroes, the Avengers as they called themselves. Which is why she also knew that once she killed Captain America, that she had to be quick to cover her tracks and to go into hiding. She knew that she alone couldn't take on the group of five remaining Avengers, which is why she had been ordered to take them out one by one.

She knew that if she took one of them out, if she took their supposed leader out, then they would be easier to draw out. They would be easier to kill, because they would be so hellbent on their rage, on Avenging him, that she would have the chance to take advantage. The simple thought made a smirk crawl onto her lips. She was going to be known as the woman that killed the Avengers, and that title made her proud.

Liliya was proud of who she was―︎or at least, that's what she told herself and Dr. Von. She refused to acknowledge that small part of her that was buried so deeply, it would be hard to bring her out. Or at least, that's what she thought. Liliya believed that the girl that she used to be was dead, was wiped from memory. She didn't realize she had simply buried that part of her, in order to protect her. In order to keep herself alive. She didn't realize that all of these years, she was listening to Katrine's words, she was living by Katrine's words. She was surviving, and she had to do what she had to do, so that she could find a way to get out, to escape the life that Katrine knew she could survive.

Liliya Petrova was a survivor. She survived the death of her parents. She survived the many attempted murders that had been thrown her way from the time she was five, all the way up to when she was sixteen. She killed in order to be that said survivor. She killed to live, and even though it was something that would always haunt her, she knew that it wasn't her fault. Who she was, was the person that Dr. Von and the Murder House wanted her to be. She was their perfect master piece, crafted so delicately by their own hands, starting at the young age of five. That's who Liliya Petrova was. She wasn't her own person. She was the person that they had forced her to be.

Liliya stopped, glancing up when she realized that she was here. The supposed location of Steve Rogers―︎his apartment in which he resided in. She clenched her jaw, placing a hand over her hip to feel the gun that was strapped there tightly onto her person. She swallowed thickly, glaring at the apartment complex before entering into the building right beside of it. Liliya had a plan, she knew what she had to do in order to draw him out. She just didn't realize, that the end of her plan, was about to have a massive plot twist placed inside of it. She didn't realize that Steve Rogers was going to give up, that he would hold up his hands in surrender, and offer her help. It was just a matter of whether or not Liliya would accept his help.

 It was just a matter of whether or not Liliya would accept his help