Chapter 17

Diversion
Crab and I were taken in different vehicles.I could feel the adrenaline,sweat and anxiety as the driver drivers in the same vicinity for the fifth time.The sixth time he stopped at the warehouse to pickup up Cassie I could see the people who worked for her raiding the place.

"How are you?"Cassie asked as she entered the vehicle.

"Why now?"I asked

"That's your first question?"she asked back

"That's all I could think of.Did you forgot that you gave me away hmm?you might of so called gave birth to me but you're not my mother Cassie.I'm in this predicament because of you"I said in a vindictive tone

"Me?I didn't tell you to shot him Queen.What the fuck were you thinking to shoot a mob boss huh?What did you think was going to happened to our family?What was going to happened to you?.I did what was best I would have come back for you.I took the money because that would be our escape plan after everything.I sure as hell can't sell anymore without him killing our family because of your shitty mistake.You need to wake the fuck up and stop acting like Rambo"She ended her statement with profanities.

"Well fuck me.You took  more than fourteen months to rescue me?Not to mention that theatrics you just did.As I asked earlier why now?"I repeated the question hoping she would give me an answer by now.

"Fresh start,when I got pregnant with you I didn't know anything about motherhood.My sister  had a miscarriage few days before you were born and it was best if I gave you to her.She's a perfect mother to Sophie,she had a husband,a good job,a future and a realistic life then their's me a drug dealer,a person that's been arrested too many times,every single time I organize a drop I wasn't sure if I was coming home.I did what was best for you,Quinzel"

"I don't hate you,I don't even know how to feel about this.But I know can't walk away now"I sighed having an epiphany "It was you wasn't it?"I asked

"Yes,it's called diversion Blacks is the perfect fall guy"she said

"Fuck!Cassie,you didn't have to kill his mother.I thought it was Jo because I made Bungo stole from him.I had the wrong target.What happened to Bungo?"I was feeling agitated

"Who's that?the Rasta?he's one ugly piece of shit.My driver is taking him back to Jo.This is the perfect plan Quinzel .Take this opportunity to get out of this organization.This is what a fresh start is ,this is a life changer.While Blacks and Jo go to war we'll be half way across the globe.New names,new identity,few lives"She tries to persuade me.

"I can't leave Black like this he was a good person.I feel so guilty right now"I look out the window

"Don't you dare talk like that Queen.Everything I did was for you.I need you to be brain and not Pinky right now"she said in a pissed tone

"I'm sorry for having a conscience,I have to see Blacks and Bungo.I'm the last person he wants to see right now"

"Ramone,pull over .I'm not going to force you to do something you don't want to do what ever happens to you is on you so I'd advised you to choose wisely.If you walk out of this vehicle right now I'm going to leave Jamaica and I'm not coming back OR you can leave with me and we can start over.What's it going to be Queen?"she asked

Instead of saying something I just hugged her and it felt exotica.

"I love you"I told her

"I love you,too,"with that said she poured me with kisses.

I pulled away then opened the door

"I can't leave Black,Josiah is going to kill him.I forgive you but I have to rebuild"I stepped out of the vehicle and disbelief was written all over her face.

The car drove off and I broke down on the sidewalk as people stared at me as if I was insane but nobody said anything.A sat there for a good amount of time reminiscing.A tinted Chevy Colorado  approached me .I was mentally and physically drained I didn't cared who it was then I head the footsteps approaching when I looked up to my disbelief it was Bungo.

"Bumboclatthhhhh" Bungo screamed as he approached me with a machete .I took the opportunity to sprint for my life as Bungo limped behind me.I tried to look back every now and then only to see a thick crowd and laughter flooded the street of Kingston,Jamaica.