Chapter 24

The gift

Bungo's departure was imminent,and Jo announced his arrival with his misery .When he entered the penthouse he was recuperating,but it was clear that he was in discomfort.He had a fade bruise around his eye from the fight with 'Mecca' but he's healing because he's walking better.He refused to tell his mother about his condition yet again,claiming that she would 'lose it' and he cannot accommodate her theatrics .To say I was ecstatic to see Jo was an understatement,not because I missed him but because I would be free from Bungo and his dementing words.

While washing the plates,Jaheim came over to talked to Jo in the living room about business.

"Bredda,a eight times the number a coke we did a push before enuh.Mi nuh know weh mek yuh order so much"Jaheim complain,then continued "So,how yuh plan fi move that?"he asked looking at his twin brother in bewilderment.

Instead of responding,Jo stared at me but never uttered a word.

"Mi nuh know weh fly inna yuh fi guh order suh much more"this time Jaheim kissed his teeth.

There was complete silence while they contemplated how to distribute that much cocaine without getting caught.

"I have an idea"I said as I put the plates in the cupboard.

"No"Jo said,as soon as I said that

"You don't have to agree with me,but you can hear me out"I said keeping a eye contact with him.He was about to walk down memory lane about what had happened,but I intervened before he had the opportunity to chant about the past.

"You could order six to eight ambulance to transport drugs from parish to parish,docks to docks without getting caught" I said,Jo was once again about to intervened but I continued and it was evident that he was irritated."Law enforcement in Jamaica will never stop an emergency transport and the citizens with give you the access the minute you turn on the sirens.To me that's a win-win"I ended my explanation with a sigh.

"Well alright,Queen pin.Dat mek sense"Jaheim said liking my plan.

"Jaheim weh the fuck.Yuh figet wah just appen?"Jo asked and he was still pissed about what had occurred and I'm not saying I'm perfect but it takes two of us to reach in this situation.

"Jo,mi nah thing bout the past,me a think bout how fi move nine hundred kilograms a coke and nuh guh prison,me love my battam,mi nuh know bout you"Jaheim said as he continued "Mi nuh know weh di fuck we ago put suh much coke"he said aggressively.

"Well ungrateful pussyole,as yuh can see mi mash up and this fi last we.Yuh know how di batty boy Fox him stay"Jo responded.

"Bredda,if you seh no to di plan,then Queen the ansa a no"Jaheim said and it amuse me how the mood shifted from hostile to neutral.

"Okay"that was all I could mutter before turning to leave then stopped when I heard Jo's response.

"But mi neva seh no"he said as I turned around to look at him "we start move tonight.Jaheim yuh fi mek sure seh the route clear and di man dem ready"he cleared his throat then continued "No,fuck ups"Jo declared.

Jaheim smiles and did his brotherly handshake with Jo then left.

"Mek mi tell yuh this,neva mek the mistake a fuck wid my business again.Nuh because yuh get weh the first time mean seh yuh ago get weh again"he said in an aggressive tone then walked pass and bumped in my right shoulder.