Chapter 23

Bungo

I awoke then started my morning routine as quietly as possible trying not to wake Jo.Like every other morning,I made scrambled eggs and Milo tea today was no different.

I heard a familiar voice and was surprised to see Bungo.His face is covered in burns and scars .I could see the anger in his eyes as he walked towards me when he noticed I was in the kitchen.He was inches away from my face then he says "Yuh wait till I hold you"the marijuana was evident in his breath.

"Bungo,I'm sorry-"I said before he cuts he off "Yuh nuh sorry yet,good gal Queen but when me done wid yuh mi know yuh ago sorry"he says as he takes a few steps back.I looked down then walked away

"Queen?"Bungo called out

"Yes"I respond

"Call Jo fi deh"he said while drinking my cup of tea on the island top.

When I walked into the room,Jo wasn't there,so I went to the bathroom to see if he was there.He was, because I had left the bathroom door is open and its now closed.I knocked then informed of Bungo's arrival.He came out after a few seconds limping like last night.He's still holding his side with his left eye closed and inflamed.

"You want some help?"I asked

"No"he responded then limped towards the living room.

I saw he didn't flush when I went to use the bathroom after he left, the toilet water had blood in it I know for a fact that he's severely injured .I went to the bedroom after flushing it and using the bathroom.

I'm not sure if it was wrong to listen to their conversation,but I was curious,and he wouldn't tell me what had happened because he doesn't trust me.

"Jo,when yuh drop off a di thing mi swear think yuh dead enuh.All mi could a seh a rassclath,Jo dead yah now.Mi hear seh the bowy Mecca mash up worse than yuh"Bungo says and it sounds as if he's eating something the way his mouth sounds.

"Mi wan yuh lick weh Mecca tonight"Jo instructed Bungo.

"Mecca" Bungo repeats the name then chuckled

"Yeah,bowy set we up last night.We could a dead"Jo says

"Yeah man,true that"Bungo says

"Jaheim ago tek ova until mi ready.Maths up eh thing and if nuhbody ask yuh nuh know weh mi deh"Jo told Bungo.

"Alright,Pauline did a look fi yuh enuh"Bungo says

"Tell har yuh nuh see mi"

"Alright,keep yuh phone close"he told Jo

"Queenie lata"Bungo says like we're best friends then I heard the door close.

I pretend like I didn't hear because Bungo knows damn well we're not friends .After making the bed,I began folding the clothes I washed from the day before.

Jo limped coming in the room

"Yuh wash mi clothes?"he asked looking at me weirdly.

"Yes" I said

He didn't respond so I continued folding.Fucking Bungo now I have to watch my back but from earlier I don't think Jo knows about our "thing".

"Queen?"Jo says after I helped on the bed.

"Yes?"

"Come here"he said and I went to him.He drew me so close that I could feel his breathing on my face.

"Yes,Jo"I said feeling the adrenaline rushing through my body.

He kissed me and then looked at me to see if he should continue,so I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him again,and he kissed back.This kiss was slow and passionate.He lifts me up and I could hear him groaning.

"Jo?"I said pulling away still in his hand

"Queen?"he whispered

"We should do this another time.You're hurt"I told him out of breath.

"Mi good"he says

"I saw when you used the bathroom what happened"I told him so he knows I know.

"Fuck,Queen" he says putting me down then his phone started to ring.He answered it then sighed then said "Bungo ago stay wid yuh until mi come back "he informs me then packed a bag then left.

****

"Good gyal Queen mi come back"Bungo says making his presence known.

I went in the living room to see him on the sofa watching tv.

Bungo tormented me for the two weeks Jo has been gone.He told me about a hundred different ways in which he was going to kill me then he started to degrade me.He started asking about his daughter then he went back to degrading me.If I hadn't had low self-esteem then I have it now.Bungo told me things I've never heard before and it's just sad.