Chapter 22

Hurt

It's been a week and Jo hasn't return after out intense session;instead he assigned an elderly nurse to look after me.I'm walking like normal,but still she visits on a daily basis to checks my vitals and asks me pertinent question.When she leaves,I'm alone, so I use the time to cook and clean.Right now, I'm washing the sheet I slept on,as well as  our clothes.I'm here so I might as well help out.

I've been waiting for him to return since the day he left.I feel horrible that I'm the one who made him refuse to come to his own house.I'm going to apologize because I don't want to complicate things between us.I waited up as long as I could in hopes he would return,but he didn't.

It was late when I heard whimpers and groans.I turned on the lamp beside the bed to see Jo limping towards the bathroom. I jumped out of bed to assist him.I helped him to the bathroom and turned on the lights.His face has a purple bruise that was bleeding around his left eye and his white shirt has blood stains along with dirt on it.He sat on the tub while his left hand was on his right side;he's hurt.I opened his button up shirt to see a big blue bruise on his right side that he was holding.

"How did that happen?"I inquired as soon as I saw the bruise.He sighed but didn't respond. I sighed as well then went for a towel,cotton,alcohol and ice.I put some alcohol on the cotton and wipe the blood away.He groaned again,while trying to take the cotton from me.

"Thanks,gawn back guh sleep"he groaned completely ignoring my question."Queen,guh sleep,mi good"he said reaching for the cotton once again but groaned from the slight movement he's making.

"Jo,you curse me any other time ,but right now you're hurting,just let me help you and we'll never have to talk about this again"I told him knowing about to start with the cursing.He stared at me then relaxed giving me permission to continue.

After wiping the blood I put ice in the towel and put it on his eye.I helped him take off his shirt completely and the bruise was even worse,it seems like he broke a few ribs.I full the tub with warm water then helped him out his pants and boxers. I guided him in the tub,then dipped a rag in the water and lightly wiped the bruise on his side.As I continue he groans and whimpers.

"I'm going to get a pack of Advil gel"I told him before getting up off the tub side,but held my wrist then says "No,stay" and that's what I did.I stayed until the water got cold then I helped him out and helped in a pair shorts then to the bedroom.I helped him to get on the bed and he just whimpers.

"I'm going to get the Advil now"I whispered,this time he didn't say nothing so I went and get it.He took them and the room was filled with silence.

"Are you okay now?"I asked

"Yes,thank you"he said and it's the first he's ever thanked me.I nodded not sure how to respond.After a few minutes I couldn't take the silence anymore so I break it.

"You left because of me didn't you?"I asked, he didn't respond so I continue "I'm sorry if I created any complications between us.I don't know what came over me;I've never done that before.It's like there's a inner freak in me that I never knew about"As I was about to continue he intervened "Yuh neva do nothing so stop"he said

With that I just mumbled an "okay"

"Guh sleep a almost 5"he said and turned off the lamp implying that it's bedtime but I couldn't sleep,what happened to him?I had so many different theories.

"Jo?"I called out knowing that he's not sleeping.

"Queen,guh sleep fi mi nuh"he said in an annoyed tone.

With that I kept quiet and stared into the ceiling until I went to sleep.