Chapter 2

Who is Josiah?

I understand that the doctors are working really hard but at least once in a while they should keep us updated.Its almost 15 hours since we're here and no one said anything my anxiety is kicking my ass right now.

"How you feeling?"my grandma asked while holding my hand.

"I'm just tired and anxious I mean that's my sister"I reply trying really hard not to cry.

A female mixed doctor came out with a clip board in her hand with a stressful look on her face.

"Family of Sophie Jones"she said while reading something off the board in her hands.

We all got up the same time with desperation and anticipation written all over our faces.

"Let's talk in private"was all she said leading the way to the room Sophie was in.

"She's in a coma"the doctor told us while we're standing outside the door.

"Due to the bullet wound it's unfortunate that Sophie won't be able to conceive as the bullet destroyed most of her uterus lining, it would be a one in a thousand chance that conception does happen.This surgery was a success most wouldn't survive,the possibility of amnesia is very high it can be temporary or permanent or not even at all.Lets just hope for the best"she said as she opened the door.

I couldn't even recognize my sister, she looks pale and even her features have changed. I couldn't go in the room it's like  the door has a laser and if I touch it I'd get burnt. I went outside due to the fact that I feel as if I'm suffocating.
Its funny how I wanted to see her and now I get the opportunity I'm refusing.It's not easy and I don't know if I will be able to cope if she has amnesia.

"Hey" my grand-mother said,while taking a seat beside me and my mom bringing me in a cozy hug.

"I want you two to sing with me"she said with a sad smile.

"Mom this is not the time"my mom told her mom.

"I didn't ask a question Tanya,your daughter is alive and I think that is something to be thankful for"my grandma said making her point clear.

It's been a while since we sang together and it felt great.We left the hospital and booked a hotel at the Black's 5 star resort because I honestly couldn't go back home where there is the press asking questions I didn't have the answers to and the police were still investigating.My mom is currently in the shower and my grandma and I were in the bedroom.

"I'm going to find out who this and I'm going to need your help"I said looking at her with a serious expression.

"Now you sound like my grand baby,we need to pack somethings because we going on a ride of your life"she told me while fixing her coat.

We told my mom we were going to the Art Gallery but instead we were going to meet my aunt to pick up some equipments.I hate lying to my mom but I had to do it if I told her the truth she would never allow me.My aunt lives 2 hours away so I drove while my grandma gave me specific instructions on what to do when we get there.

*****

We finally arrived and my aunt Cassie was already outside waiting for our arrival

We finally arrived and my aunt Cassie was already outside waiting for our arrival.Grandma got out the car and kissed Cassie and they talked for a few minutes then I came out the car and hug her.

"We need to take this inside"Aunty said while leading us to the front door.

We sat around the table in the kitchen drinking coffee and having small a conversation.

"We need guns,coke and a plate number that needs to be run"I said after taking a sip of coffee.

My aunt looks at me while nodding.She got up and went to the safe,she came back with 2 handguns,bullets,coke and her lop top.

"I think that's all y'all are gonna need,we don't know what we're dealing with here"she told us as she loaded the guns

My aunt is dealer she been a dealer for over 9years now but my mom is against it,but if she needs anything aunty will back her up with no questions asked.Like most families mine isn't perfect we did our dirt and we paid for it. I was born poor but my family made sure that wasn't a permanent thing. My family and I run a drug empire in the Eastern and Western Hemisphere of  Cuba. I'm not upfront in the business but if my aunt needs me to run errands I'll do it. I told her the plate numbers and she ran them.

"The plate numbers belong to Josiah Davis, this is a guy we should not mess with" she said with a stern look.

"My sister was shot,either you tell me where to find this guy or Ima find him myself " I said being honest.

"Well he's a Jamaican mob boss,he came to America to expand his  family business,this guy owns machinguns,bombs,hotels,strip clubs,restaurants and has connections with cartels I don't even know"she told us clearly giving us the hint to back off.

"Josiah Davis is a dead man walking"was all I said and left the house.

I don't know where I'm going but somebody knows something and I'm willing to go the extra mile to meet this man.

Next update will be on Saturday