Chapter 20

My fault

When I awake,my vision was ambiguous.I'm dehydrated,sweaty, and itchy.My skin irritates me and I'm on the verge of passing out.I tried to stand up but  the dizziness made it difficult,and when I finally did,it was a struggle.I tried to walk with all the strength I could muster.Every time I take a step,I fall.I was determined to get up even though I don't know where I am.I once again use all my strength to get up and this time I took five steps then I fall.I heard the door open,but I couldn't recognize who it was.When I stood up to see it was Jo looking at me I once again fell and the last thing I saw was him rushing to my side and calling my name.

*****
My body feels more exhausted than before,and when I tired to more it's like my body is lock in a dark realm but I can hear my surrounding;a woman's voice can be heard,she appears to be a doctor because of the scientific terms she was using.Within a second,my body began to shake uncontrollably as the ventilator went into deep mode.

"Wah a appen to har?"I heard the panic in Jo's voice

"She's going in a seizure"she responded and I just went blank

****
Josiah's pov

According to Pauline,Queen is in a coma.In the middle of her explanation of the negative effects of chloroform poisoning ,Queen began to have a seizure then Pauline rushed by her side and I stand back trying to process everything.Throughout this procedure,I'm experiencing a range of emotions.I'm not sure if I should let Pauline continue to help her;but knowing my mother she would help regardless of my wishes or if I should watch her have the seizure and call it a day.There has been nothing but upheaval,additional enemies,and a delayed process in my business since she entered my life.I've never encountered anyone like her,no one has ever dared to challenge me the way she did,the last bitch who tried is now in a pit.I left the room because I stand to see her like that.I entered the living room to see Jaheim

"Mi hear wah gawn.Yuh good?"he asked.This bitch has always been my best friend that's one advantage of having a twin.

"Sumn like that"I said,sitting down on the chair beside him.

"Yuh like har?"he asked out of the blues

"No,an tap ask mi fuckry.Yuh a battyman or sumn?"I asked getting irritated

"Bredda if yuh like eh gyal mek a move.Anno like seh yuh can change time or sumn"he said,as he was about to continue I intervened "Weh you know bout like or love?"I asked.He paused then changed the topic.

"Wi need yuh fi guh lock dung sumn a Panama tonight"he said

"Suh why you cya do it?"I asked him

"Because,pussyole mi a big,big constabulary.Nuh me fi mek sure seh the place clear or yuh want do it fi mi?"he asked the rhetorical question knowing well I'm unable to do it.We need eyes and ears everywhere because we've been in the drug business for so long.Jaheim is a police,so he gives me the in's and out's and makes sure nothing falls back on us,while I deal with traveling,firearms ,money,drugs and clubs.We're compatible, and as brothers we never fought before.We always agree on everything before we execute our plans.

Queen is still in a coma,Pauline says she's willing to stay until I get back because there's a possibility she could have a next seizure.I'm now looking at her,her skin is paled,her hair is messy and her lips are pink .She looks like she's sleeping except with ventilator she's hooked up to.I couldn't look at her for much longer so I just left.

***
Queen's Pov
I woke up to feel something wet on my nipples I open my eyes to see a woman in her early sixties in a with coat with a stethoscope around her neck and her hair cornrowed.She was using a wet cloth to wipe my chest.
"Hello,Queen my name is Dr.Pauline Davis.I'm Josiah's mother"she introduced herself then smiled warmly at me.

"Hello"was all I could muster to say

"You've been in a coma for three weeks.Do you remember anything?"she asked as she continued to wipe my nipples and armpits like it was not weird doing that while having a conversation.From my pause she continued "It's alright if you don't remember anything.We're going to take it a day at time.I'm pleased to finally meet my daughter-in-law,but sadly it's under these circumstances"she gave another warm smile then adjusted my garment.It seem like Jo told them we were married,that piece of shit.I remember hearing a ventilator but I'm not seeing one.Now I'm just hooked to to cords and Pauline is taking them off.She started to ask a series of questions and I answered them as honestly as I could.She left after a few minutes for her morning shift at the hospital.

I'm currently caught in my train of thoughts.Why did Jo hospitalize me if he wanted me dead?This has no logical meaning to me and it makes me feel queasy just thinking about it.I need to use the bathroom as I was getting up there's a knock on the door then it opens to reveal Jo.He didn't say nothing so I mustered "Hi"

"Good?"he asked as he entered the room

"Yes"I answered dryly

He looked down to see that I have removed the blanket then he looked at me

"Yuh ago someweh?"he asked as he looked at me like he's trying to read me

"Yes,the bathroom"I responded looking at nothing in particular just to avoid making eye contact with him.He stood up and remove the blanket completely then lifted me up bridal style and brought me to the restroom. I was just looking at him astound .What the fuck is happening?I asked myself as I began to analyze what was happening .When we got into the bathroom,he sat me down and walked away.I used the bathroom as fast as possible then use some time to reflect on what had just occurred .When I stood up from the toilet, my feel felt like they were made of jelly,so I sit back down and pull down my garment.I called him,and he came and lift me up as if I weighed nothing;instead of putting me back on bed he bought me to the kitchen.The place look the same,nothing changed.He placed me on the stool in front of the island.Breakfast was on the island,it consisted of flitters,oats porridge,boiled eggs and buttery bread.Jo set two plates,one in front of me and the other beside me.I'm assuming I should take what I want because he started putting what he wanted on his plate as soon as he sat down.I'm a shy eater,so all I took was a piece of bread with butter.After about fifteen minutes he was still eating and typing on his phone.I can't take the suspense any longer,so I asked the nerve wreaking question "After everything that had transpired,why did you save me?"

He sighed then responded "Tap badda mi peace"then he got up like he lost his appetite

"I apologize if I upset you,but I need to know"I said,hoping he would give me an answer

"Yuh is nothing but a fucking crosses since the day yuh walk inna the club.All yuh do a fuck up everything mi do.Everyweh yuh guh is like yuh a crosses;who nuh want yuh fi dead,hate yuh"as he was about to continue I intervened "Then why the hell am I here?huh?you seem to like the idea of me being your wife since-"he cut me off immediately "Yuh a mi bitch because a circumstances,not because mi want yuh"

"Fuck you"I said

"Mi know you want fi do that but yuh a nuh mi type an if yuh was"he paused then continued "yuh would a beg fi it"with that he took up his plate and left.What?I asked myself sitting on the island confused.