The Beginning of The End

"Hi Noel!" Nate's face lit up. He stood in front o f me with a look of concern and relief. "Can I come in?" He looked at me waiting for a nod or something. I nodded slowly and led him up to my room. As we walked up the stairs I started thinking. Why is Nate here? Do I want to keep the promise I had made him? What about Sean? I need to focus. First I need to take down "A" then I can worry about my love life.

"What's up Nate?" I ask cooly as he takes a seat at my desk and I casually place the papers back in the envelope.

"I heard about your ex." his eye were full of pity. "I'm sorry."

"Thanks."

"Look I know this is a bad time and all but I wanted to see you. After I heard about Sean I wanted to make sure you're okay." Nate looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. It took me a while to register what Nate was saying.

"I'm doing better. I loved him. Nothing is going to change how I feel about him. Thank you for coming though. I appreciate it. A lot." my eyes began to tear up and I could see Nate getting ready to wipe them away.

"Noel... I..." Nate started but stopped when I sat down on the edge of my bed. "Look I actually came here because I found something I thought I should show you. It's a note that was left in my bag when I was packing to leave camp." He handed over a piece of folded paper. The second I opened it, I recognized it immediately.

LEAVE NOEL ALONE OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU END UP ALONE. -A

My heart stopped. Why is "A" messing with Nate? I can't let this bitch mess with anyone else. Not anymore. "Thank you for bringing this to me. I know exactly who this is." I try to sound reassuring but it came out shaky. Nate looks at me for a bit and nods.

"I have to go but let's get together soon yeah?" he walked out before I could answer and after I saw him disappear down the driveway, I let go of the tears I had been holding on to. I can't believe that I let an anonymous text ruin my life. I can't believe I was so scared to explore and be myself that I let someone I don't know do this to me. Well no more! I'm done with this shit!

A couple days later I decided it was time to really go after "A". The school was doing prom court nominations and what better way to piss off my tormentor than to run for court? If I can show that nothing is affecting me then "A" will no doubt show that ugly head. I was right. Two minutes after I put up posters for my champain, I got a note from that asshole.

RUNNING FOR COURT? WHEN I'M DONE WITH YOU, YOU'LL BE RUNNINGFOR THE HILLS! -A

Everything is falling into place. I will get answers and maybe one of those answers will be what happened to Sean. I'm doing this more for him than anything else. I owe it to Sean to see this through and find him. I owe it to his family. All these thoughts race through my mind as I knock on the empty classroom door. The school has emptied out so I now for a fact there is no one left to overhear my conversation. When the door finally opened, Mr. Fitz looked at me with a look of pure confusion. "Mr. Khan, can I help you?"

I took my time answering him. I looked him up and down and took note of his appearance. His shirt was sticking out slightly and his tie was crooked. No doubt he was stressed over the grading of papers and his double life as a seducer of sorts. "Mr. Fitz I need to show you something." He nodded and let me in the room. I took the seat directly across from his desk and got out the envelope Mike had given me. He looked at me with confusion until I took the two pictures out of the envelope. I could see his face change.

"Noel, have you been blackmailed?" There was little to no concern in his voice.

"I think you know. Ezra." I challenged. We didnt break eye contact until minutes later.

"It wasnt supposed to be like this."

"It never is."

"What do you thing you're gonna do? Blackmail me?"

"I'm much smarter than that Ezra. I'm going to expose you." With that I left him with the two pictures. One of him bending Mike over the desk in the coach's office and one with him standing outside Sean's house with our shadows in the windows. "A" wanted me to think it was him but I know better. The name Mike had given me was a fake. He lied.