12 - A Conversation with Luiz, the hotter, younger, & nicer Lopez Son.

It was Andrew's last night in the hospital

It was Andrew's last night in the hospital. The past three days had been wonderful and surprising. The Lopez family had visited every day after office hours, but Allen... Allen stayed with Andrew for the whole three days. Who knew an emotionless tyrant had a mother hen streak? But tonight, he had finally convinced Allen to go home and sleep in a bed—after much debate.

Andrew's new focus was on the shadow of the younger brother visible through the bottom of the door. He was pacing outside Andrew's hospital room like a creep. And just as Andrew thought Luiz would never find the courage to come in, the door slid open. Luiz stepped inside the room with a weak greeting and a nervous smile. He walked around the room, gauging where it was best to sit. Andrew simply watched him skitter around the room, amused.

People might say that the two brothers were similar. And by people, he means himself and the rest of the world. But now that he's become closer to both brothers, he's figured out that their similarities only stop by their outward demeanor and their appearances.

Allen, when nervous, would always scowl and be still as a statue. His refusal to show any form of weakness was a double-edged sword that drove him to success. No seeds of doubt were ever planted on his ability to perform even though he would secretly vomit due to stress. While Luiz liked to keep moving around to use up the nervous energy inside him. Luiz believes in the human element of a business while Allen believes—no, relies on the systems and numbers. Luiz who had concealed his identity in another company had the leisure of a career unburdened by the expectation of the whole company. While Allen was built under pressure.

Andrew bent down and grabbed a bottle of wine hidden under his bed. He flashed Luiz a toothed grin. "A shot for your thoughts? They say alcohol is the lubricant for a good conversation. Though I'm pretty sure you've never touched a lubricant in your whole life." Andrew mumbled the last part. No virgin shaming here.

That stopped Luiz's skittering. He blew out air from his nose as he went to Andrew in big and determined strides with his chest puffed up like a soldier walking to war. He snatched the bottle and took a huge gulp of the wine. Andrew hated to admit it, but it was hot... Is it because he looked like Allen? Luiz was like a younger, more eager Allen. Woah—bad thought.

Luiz finally brought down the bottle and was about to wipe his lips with the back of his hand but thought otherwise, instead, he used a neat handkerchief he pulled out from his trousers. He sat down at the end of the bed.

"I know you've been lying to my family this whole time."

The room was quiet. They watched each other, cautious of the other's reaction. Andrew narrowed his eyes. Shit.

"You're the secretary behind the perfect Allen Lopez, Secretary Andrew Garcia. Infamous for being at big brother's beck and call, but the longest secretary he's ever had. That's why I didn't doubt for a second you would play along with my older brother's antics."