22 - Secretary, Fake boyfriend, Bad-Ass

Andrew drank an alarming amount of energy drink to recharge himself

Andrew drank an alarming amount of energy drink to recharge himself. He had pushed himself to gather all the supporting evidence they needed in a limited amount of time. There was still a lot to be done. He was doing this without Allen, and Andrew was feeling the heavy pressure on his mind. He hadn't intended to leave Luiz and Uncle Karlito behind in the precinct, but they convinced him otherwise.

"Secretary Andrew," Luiz called to him and shook him out of his daze. He flashed a confident grin at Andrew. "Leave this to us. We will file all the evidence and get that warrant immediately. Trust us, alright?"

"But—"

"Son," said Uncle Karlito. "Trust us. This squirt and I will handle this. You need to do one thing. You delay that meeting no matter what. Got it?"

Andrew glanced at Luiz and the goons behind Uncle Rio, who also spared him a smile. Andrew nodded. Before he left, he turned and told Luiz, "We'll save your company, Luiz. Its employees, its reputation, and your brother."

Luiz huffed with a knowing curl of his lips. "I never doubted you for one second."

Andrew rushed out to make a call to an old friend. He found himself in a media van with a plastic bag of empty energy drinks beside him, and Kris and his cameraman. They were parked on the other side of the street in front of Lopez Co. There was already a massive wall of press and flashing cameras blocking the entrance. The only thing preventing them from flooding the building was the cordon and Leon Security personnel.

"I'm sure the media had to be informed ahead of time that the meeting was rescheduled. How come they weren't able to get in?" Kris asked as he grabbed his mic and equipment. The ex-Lopez Co. employee turned journalist. He looked happier.

"Rhea and Sanrio purposely gave them the wrong time," said Andrew. He made sure to remember to thank them someday for accommodating his request.

"How are we going to get inside?" The cameraman asked as they peered from inside.

Andrew glanced past his shoulder and smirked.

"We're going through the side garden until we reach the back staff entrance meant for sanitary requirements. Come on, this is the news that will get you your promotions."

"Andrew, you're shaking." Kris reached out and held Andrew's hands.

Andrew was anxious and afraid. His heart was drumming loudly inside his chest.

"You're going to be alright, Andrew. We're with you." Kris ruffled Andrew's hair and gave a gentle pat on the back. You're the best, remember?"

Andrew breathed out deeply to regain his momentum. They stepped out and crossed the street incognito. They attempted to sneak past the wayward paparazzi dotting the sidewalks, but their hungry eyes immediately recognized the secretary that shook the nation. The others came to him like an engulfing wave. They jumped over the velvet ropes that caged them while the trio was frozen in place.