Chapter 11: Confession

Y/N POV

It was late in the evening and I was just coming home after getting groceries. I was carrying many different brown bags filled with food to my cabin thinking on what I should cook for dinner. My thoughts were immediately swept away when I opened my cabin door and noticed Natsu and Happy and Mal sitting inside waiting for me.

"Y/N YOU'RE BACK!" they all shouted.

"HUHH" I exclaimed, dropping all my groceries in the process. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT SURPRISING ME?" I yelled and followed it with a smack to the back of their heads.

"And here I thought you came back nicer.." Happy whined while rubbing his head.

"We just wanted to see you.." Natsu whined. They both sat on my bed with very sad faces as I picked up my dropped groceries. I kind of felt bad now.

"Yea, Y/N," Mal added. "Natsu REALLY wanted to see you." Happy and her giggled over that comment.

"Alright alright, " I began. "I'll cook you guys something for dinner to make up for it."

"YAY!" They both cheered and jumped in the air.

"Jokes on you, that what we initially came here for.." Happy mumbled. I ignored him and chuckled. I didn't mind them being here. I enjoy their company.

I began putting away some of my groceries. My kitchen is quite small but it was just enough. It was just a few cabinets and a stone oven I managed to create and a sink. I didn't need a fridge or freezer since, ya know, I'm an Ice Dragon Slayer. I decided to make my famous stew because I knew how much Natsu loved that recipe. I arranged my ingredients and my pot. I worked my culinary magic on this recipe.

"OOH" Natsu roared. "Is that STEW?!" I laughed at his reaction as I finished up the recipe and began pouring the stew into the wooden bowls. "Wanna sit outside?"

"That's a good idea!" I said. On the side of my house is a small picnic area I created with a cherry blossom tree. It just a picnic table I stole from Fairy Tail with some nice features like a cute table cloth and stuff. No biggie.

We took our bowls and utensils out to the area. It was a really beautiful night. The sky was clear and the stars are twinkling and shining brighter than ever. Natsu insisted to sit on the table with our feet resting on its little benches. I agreed so we both sat next to each other under the moonlight eating away our stew.

"Are you gonna sign up for Miss Fairy Tail?" he asks after sipping on his stew.

"Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about that!" I said. "Is that coming up?"

"Yea! Every girl in Fairy Tail is more excited about this one for some reason." He states.

"I mean there are a lot of new members this time around." I took another sip of my stew. I saw Natsu state up at the sky. "But yea, I'm definitely signing up."

"I'll be rooting for you like always!" He cheers.

"I mean, I can't do this without my number one cheerleader." I joked.

"You got the best one all around!" He brags with a confident look on his face. "But I heard Erza and Mirajane were competing too.."

"That's nothing. I'll take em down!" I pounded my fists together the same way Natsu does before a fire attack.

"I'd pay so much money to see that fight." He proclaimed. I laughed while imagining that. I wonder who is the strongest female mage in Fairy Tail...

Natsu was silent. He just laid back and just stared at the sky, at all the twinkling stars. I smiled at how fascinated he was by the sky. I could hear the trees rustling in the little gusts of wind and the crickets chirping.