Chapter 15: Cracked Under Pressure

Natsu's POV

"I'd never thought you could stand back and watch while your punks are beating each other up, Natsu." Laxus teases.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed. "I'd get out of here if I could!"

"With Erza and Natsu out of this...seems you have no one capable enough to stand up to the Thunder Tribe..." Laxus snickers. "Ready to surrender, old man?"

Gramps looked down at the floor, deep in thought. As he was deep in thought, the wall keeps revealing more results of fights between my friends. Gray had just been defeated by Bickslow. 

"Fine..." Gramps uttered. He turns to Laxus in disbelief. "I surrender, now stop all this."

"We can't have that! If you're willing to admit defeat so easily..." he chuckles. "Then the only thing for you to do is resign and transfer your position of Master of Fairy Tail to me!"

"WHAT?!" We all exclaimed.

"You cannot be serious!" Happy cries.

"So that's your endgame?!" I asked angrily.

"How could you do this Laxus..." Gramps utters.

"Think it over." He says as his back to us. "Theres only an hour left till those statues turn to dust!"

"Like hell he'll give you his position!" I yelled. I begin to charge at him, readying to punch him. Before I could even land the punch, he vanishes and I tumble into the wall like an idiot.

"I did mention it was a thought projection..." Gramps shakes his head.

"What are we gonna do?!" Happy squealed.

"To be honest, I don't care about the MAster's seat." Gramps begins. "But Laxus lacks the conviction and heart. He needs that to become Master."

"There has to be someone to go out there and take down Laxus!" Gramps says.

"ME! ME!!" I volunteered.

"You can't even get out here!" He points out. 

Before any of us could continue, a sound being heard behind the guild bar. It sounded like a bunch of metal being crushed.

"Who's there?!" Happy calls out.

All of a sudden, Gajeel pops up with metal in his mouth.

"GAJEEL?!" Happy and I exclaimed. 

"Hmph." He mumbles as he hops over the bar.

"Do you think you can go out and fight?!" Gramps asks, rather excitedly. 

"I've got my own score to settle with that asshole." He states as he begins walking towards the exit of the guild. He had the biggest grin on his face. 

"All right!" We all cheered. This may be the only time I will ever cheer for that bastard. We all continued cheering..until he bangs his head onto the rune wall. 

"WHAT?" We all cried out. Not even Gajeel can get out of here...

"What's the big idea?!" Happy questions. "I don't get this at all!"

"Are you over 80 Gajeel?" I ask.

"Do I look 80 to you, dumbass?!" He argued and flicks me on my forehead.

"HEY! DON'T TOUCH ME YOU IDIOT!" I flicked him back. We then started to tussle and going at each other with every insult in the book. 

I'm not even angry at Gajeel. I'm mainly taking my anger out on him over this whole situation. It sucks that I can't even go out there and fight. I love fighting' don't get me wrong. But I'm extremely worried for my friends. Especially Y/N. If they actually smashed her into dust, I don't know what I would do. I don't think I could ever forgive Laxus in that situation.

"Only two left..?" Gramps blurted. And then it was silence. He turns to look at me and Gajeel and his eyes widened. "YOU MEAN ITS JUST THESE TWO?!"

I look at the board and saw he was correct. There are only two members left. And it has to be for me and Gajeel. I can't believe this. Does this mean everyone in Fairy Tail was wiped out? 

"Alright, thats it." I said. I began walking towards the statues with a mission in mind. I can't just stand around here anymore. "I have to get Erza and Y/N back to normal." 

"Wait a minute, you know how?!" Gramps blurted out. I turned around in confusion.

"If you get it hot enough, it melts." I stated. 

"NOOOO" Gramps yelled. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL HER?!"

"Are you stupid?!" Gajeel joined in. I ignored him and began trying to use my fire. However, Gajeel and Happy were trying to stop me.  It eventually led to all of us tussling. I kept trying to get to the Erza statue but with them trying to stop me, we accidentally knock her statue over onto the floor. This resulted a crack appearing on her forehead. 

"AAHHH" I scream in panic. "SHE'S CRACKING! HAPPY GET GLUE!"

"YOU STUPID JERK!" Gajeel shouted. "I'LL PUT SOME IRON ON HER AND YOU WELD HER SHUT!"

"YOU IDIOTS!" Gramps insulted. With all the yelling going on, Erza's crack grows bigger.

"HYAHHH, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." I begged. My ass will be kicked so hard if Erza actually turns to dust. I hear all the stone crumble and I look up to see Erza on the floor, perfectly fine but confused as hell. 

"Erza's back to normal!" Happy squeals. I squealed along with him and gave Erza a big hug.

"But why...?" Gramps questions.

"I feel it has something to do with my right eye." She answered. 

"Do you understand the situation we're in?" I asked. She nods.

"I heard everything." She says. The member count on the rune wall suddenly states that the count of survivors went up front 2 to 3. With Erza back, we definitely have a chance! Although, I am very jealous I still can't be a part of it. 

"Wait! There's one more now!" Gajeel blurted. I checked again and the number switched from 3 to 4. "Who is it?!"

We all scan the statues for any movement. I look at Y/N and noticed mist from her statue.

"Look! It's Y/N!" Happy exclaims and we jog closer to her. There is a crack on her forehead just like Erza had. Mist was sneaking out through the crack and her whole statue trembles. The trembling causes the stone to crack all throughout the body, resulting in her being freed. She falls over to the floor but her arm breaks her fall.

"Y/N!" I cried out. My heart began beating so fast. Like it's about to  burst out from excitement when I saw Y/N. I run up to her and I could feel the extreme coldness.

"The freezing temperatures from her body must've caused the stone to crack from all the pressure!" Happy states.

"She must be freezing..." Gajeel mutters. I kneeled down next to Y/N but I gave her space to get up slowly.

"Y/N! Are you okay?!" Erza calls out. She punches the floor and lifts her head up. We make eye contact and I could see the extreme anger in her eyes.

"Where's Laxus?"