Chapter 12: Last Minute Shopping

Y/N POV

The day after that night, that wonderful and beautiful night, was the day I had to scramble for the Miss Fairy Tail Contest. Since I completely forgot about the contest, I had to buy all my outfits literally hours before the contest.

"You do realize the contest is in a few hours right?" Mal points out as we were in the dress store.

"Yes, I know Mal. You don't need to remind me." I snapped. I was stressed in deciding which dress to wear. The store we were in was huge, not only did they have a bunch of dresses, but they had a bunch of shoes and accessories. I'm gonna be in here forever. I decided to use my ice skating skills to showcase in the talent portion of the contest. I've got to stand out from the rest of the girls. "What do you think, Mal?"

I held up two dresses. They were both different shades of blue. One was short and had a more ruffled bottom. I figured I could wear high white socks with this along with the ice skates. The second dress is more of an evening dress but I figured it would be more appealing to the audience and I'd have a higher chance of winning.

"If you're gonna skate, the short one. If you wanna attract a certain someone, then the evening one." she giggles. "On second thought, I know he'll like either dress so I prefer to short one."

"Who are you referring too?" I questioned as I put the evening dress back on the rack.

"Don't play stupid with me." Mal said. "Happy and I saw you and Natsu last night."

"And?" I played stupid. I didn't make eye contact, I was distracted by all the jewelry.

"You and Natsu are together!" she exclaims. I jumped and immediately covered her mouth.

"Quiet! No one knows okay?" I hushed, looking around if anyone heard or was looking.

"Ha! So its true." she giggles.

"Ugh, yes its true.." I mumbled to myself and I felt my cheeks heat up. "B-but I'm not sure if we're like...I guess official is the word?"

"Oh come on," Mal started. She hopped onto one of the tables that had necklaces laid out on it so she can face me better. "Natsu has had a crush on you since y'all met, I'm sure he wants this to be official."

"Yea but what if-"

"Hey Y/N!" I heard a familiar voice interrupt. I slightly jumped from it. I turned and saw Lucy and Natsu and Happy.

"Oh hey guys!" I greeted. I immediately hid my dress so Lucy couldn't see what I was planning for the contest. I don't need anyone to copy me or steal my ideas. It has happened with Mirajane way back in the day.

"Oh my gosh, since you're here Y/N," Lucy began. "Can you help me pick a necklace for the Miss Fairy Tail Contest? Natsu and Happy aren't really helping me on it..."

"They're both fine, Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed with his arms crossed and a pouty face.

Lucy rolled her eyes and held up two different necklaces. "What do you think?"

"Definitely, this blue one." I pointed. "But aren't you worried I could copy you or sabotage you right now with the contest?"

"Of course not." Lucy answered. "We're friends. I know you wouldn't do that to me." She smiles at me. I smiled back and whipped out the dress I had to show her. If she trusts me, I can trust her too. "Oh my gosh, is that what you're wearing for the contest?"

"Yes! I can't wait to show off my Magic in it!" I responded. "I feel it really compliments my ice."

"It's beautiful! You're gonna look amazing." Lucy complimented. "Ooh! Look at those shoes! Happy, come with me." She drags Happy with her and Mal follows them. Mal turns around and winks at me and that's when I realized I was left alone with Natsu. I blushed after remembering the events of last night.