Chapter 6: Vacation

Y/N POV

Today was the big day. The day I go on my first mission with Team Natsu. I decided to stop by Fairy Tail for breakfast before I left to the train station so once I awoke, I immediately got dressed and fetched for my shoes.

"Ugh, it's too early, why are you awake?" Mal complained. 

"Um?" I began as I put on my other shoe. "It's the second day of us back in Fairy Tail! I want to see everyone before I go on my mission." I stated with glee. Mal slowly got up and walked over to me while rubbing her eyes. "Tagging along?"

"Obviously." She said bluntly. I chuckled and shook my head then we both began heading to the guild. Mal isn't one to miss an adventure no matter how tired she is. I guess she also misses Happy.

Walking through Magnolia always kept me positive. Everyone always had a smile on their face and everyone was always bright. Makes me excited about what is to come in my day. I see the same bakers and marketplace where people will go sell and purchase stuff. I can't wait to go back there one of these days.

I was one of the first few people to step inside Fairy Tail for the day. Luckily, Mira was at the bar stocking up for the day so I headed there to have my breakfast with her. A few members were just sitting in their tables with their heads down from waking up early.

"Morning Mira!" I greeted with a friendly smile. I took a seat on one of the stools and Mira turned around to face me.

"Morning Y/N!" She greeted back. "Back to having breakfast here?"

"Of course! I miss your delicious waffles." I answered and she replied with a chuckle. She turned around and pulled out a plate of giant waffles.

"Luckily, I happened to make these earlier!"

My eyes immediately sparkles at the sight of my favorite food of all time. A giant plate of waffles with strawberries on one side and blueberries on the other. She laughs at my reaction and just places it in front of me and tells me to enjoy. I began digging in and I was so distracted that I didn't even notice a certain pyro sitting next to me watching me.

"NATSU!" I exclaimed with my mouth full. He laughs aloud and I glared at him. What a creep, just coming in here and watching me eat. I just wanted some waffles..

"What? You're not gonna share?" He asks. Before I can even say anything, he grabs one of my waffles with a fork and takes a bite. Normally I'd be pissed if someone took my food but it's Natsu. He's been stealing my food forever so there's no point. "Are you ready to go on that mission today or what?"

"Since when am I not ready?" I said, wiping crumbs and syrup from my mouth.

"Well, you see-" He was interrupted by none other than Gray who had just came in and took a seat next to me so I'm in the middle between both of them.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He questions. "We're going on a vacation not a mission."

"It was supposed to be a surprise, you dumbass!" Natsu shouted and glared at the ice mage.

"A vacation?" I blurted. Why would they take me on a vacation?

"Well, since you just came back from an intense mission and we just came back from the Tower of Heaven, we thought we'd take you with us on our vacation!" Natsu explained. I immediately beamed in happiness. A vacation?! With my closest friends?!

"Yea, we got these resort tickets and we actually had an extra. For you." Gray stated.

"Wow, really?" I asked, looking at the both of them nod their heads. "Thank you guys!"

"About time we got a vacation." Mal commented.

I jumped to give them a big hug. They both chuckled, ignoring their hatred for each other and just focused on the warm hug.

"Does she know already?" A high-pitched voice asks. We all turn around and see the Lucy girl looking at us with a smile.

"Yep! She'll be joining us at the resort!" Natsu cheered with Happy shouting an 'aye!'

"Perfect! I've already packed so just waiting for the 11:00 train." She said. 11:00. I checked the time and saw it was 10:12am.

"Shit! I gotta start packing!" I panicked. I grabbed Mal and started sprinting to the exit. "I'll meet you guys at the train station!"

-

"Mal! You have everything?" I shouted to my exceed who was waiting for me by the door.

"Yea! Just waiting on you!" She blurts. I nodded and grabbed my little luggage and made my way out the building and to the train station.

We dashed over to the station, passing all the crowds who were heading there as well. I know fully well I'm the last one there. Hell, Erza is probably there already and she packs her entire house.

I ran past a wall and looked around and saw Team Natsu waving at us. I waved back and went up to them.

"About time." Erza said.

"Yea, sorry! Just needed some last minute stuff." I stated.

All aboard to Akane resort!

"Do I really have to go on that?" Natsu complained, implying to the train. I'm on the same boat as him.

"Don't start! Just get on!" Lucy shouted.

We all boarded the train and at the moment I took I took my seat, I already felt like passing out. Erza already knocked Natsu out so he is passed out on her lap. Me, I just huddled in the corner of the seat (next to the window), hugged my legs and put my head down.

-

"Y/N! Wake up!" Mal exclaimed. She shook my shoulder and repeated. I lifted my head and looked at my surroundings. We're here.

Akane Resort.

It is the biggest and most popular seaside resort in all of Magnolia. I see the giant amusement park from the train station and even though I can't ride any rides, it makes me excited. It is currently the evening so I'm guessing we'll be checking in our hotel and then we'll go out tomorrow.

"Alright, I'm up! I'm up!!" I yelled, ignoring the fact people are staring.

We all grabbed our luggage and followed Erza to the resort lobby.