Chapter 17: Do it, I Dare you

Y/N's POV:
I woke up again from what seemed to be a major slumber. I look around and only see Gramps and Mal towering over me. Where is everyone?

"Y/N!" he exclaims. "How are you feeling?!"

I rub my head and thought about it. My body temperature seems to be okay. I'm still cold but that's normal. I slowly sit up and look around more to look for a certain fire dragon boy but he was no where to be found.

"Everyone is out fighting." Mal begins. "Levy managed to re-do Fried's rune spell. Natsu and Gajeel are out fighting!"

I snapped up at her with my eyes widened. I'm the only one not doing shit? I've been sleeping this whole time?!

"Only one left out of the Thunder Tribe..." Gramps stated. "Laxus."

"You mean to tell me everyone's out there risking their lives while I've been dozing off?!" I exclaimed angrily as I stood up.

"Be careful!" Mal snapped. She's right, I got up too fast. Everything was spinning but I tried not making it noticeable. 

"You were in no state to fight!" Gramps snaps. "You can assist Natsu and Gajeel with Laxus. I don't think they can handle him with just them two."

"What makes you think I can?" I questioned. "I was never able to overpower him."

"That was before today..." He starts. "I feel an insane amount of energy from you, Y/N. I've only felt this energy around Laxus' and the other S-Class mages."

I look at him confused. What energy? I feel weak right now. I used so much of my energy into breaking out of that stone spell. How am I going to stop Laxus?

"Gramps..." I trailed off. I took a deep breath and kneeled down on the floor. "I can't do this..."

"What?!" Mal exclaims.

"Why, my child?" he asks.

"I have no energy! I don't know where you're feeling that insane magic energy but it is not from me. I've reached my limit..." I explained. I looked down at my hands and knees.

"No...this isn't your limit." Gramps replied. "You are limiting your magic. You need to open up more and let it all out. Do not keep it locked up forever."

"I love Natsu." I blurted. I immediately regretted it but hearing about letting stuff out and opening up more just flipped a switch in me. Mal's eyes were so wide and I could tell she was fangirling.

"I know." Master chuckled.

"What?" I blurted. "Y-you knew?"

"I knew since you both were kids." He laughs softly. "You both made your crushes on each other so obvious." 

"Honestly!" Mal exclaimed. 

"It's about time you guys got together." Master stated. "Go to him. He needs you to stop Laxus."

"Oh, I'm going to beat his ass." I say while wiping off any dust and dirt off me as I stood up. "I know he's your grandson and all but he's an asshole."

"I'm well aware." Gramps uttered. "But so is Natsu."

"I'm well aware also." I chuckled. "Thanks Master. I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled and hugged him.

"You all are my children. What kind of master would I be if I weren't there for you all?" He says. I let go and saw him smiling too.

"I think they are at the Church in town!" Mal says.

"Take me to church then, Mal." I grinned at her and hopped up so she can start lifting me and flying me to the battle zone.

Natsu's POV
I just got my ass beat by Laxus. To the point where Gajeel had to save me. GAJEEL. Of all people.

I recall Y/N still sleeping on the floor when I left. It hurt when I had to leave her alone but I had to stop Laxus. If I don't, he'll destroy the whole town. I'm hoping she wakes up soon. So I can come back and give her the biggest hug. And tell her I won't let her get to that state ever again. I've never seen her so helpless like that before. I never knew her ice magic can impact her body like that with her emotions. 

After Gajeel saved me from one of Laxus' major attacks, we agreed to team up to take him down. As much as I hated it, I knew it would be best. The town and the villagers come first.

"You should be ashamed to call yourselves dragon slayers." Laxus utters under the smoke. Gajeel and I just did one of our greater attacks on him, hoping to finish him off. I spoke too soon.

"That's impossible!" Gajeel shouted. "No one should survive after that insane amount of dragon slayer magic!"

"The answer is simple..." Laxus chuckles. "I'll show you..."

Laxus suddenly begins inhaling and I could feel his energy and power gaining. I know that stance. There's no way...

"THUNDER DRAGON..." He begins.

"You're a dragon slayer too?!" I exclaimed.

"ROAR!" He releases his attack and Gajeel and I are immediately wiped out by all the intense electricity coming from his attack. My body turned numb as I crashed onto the floor. I can barely move. I'm so sore. It hurts everywhere.

I can't believe this. Laxus is a Dragon Slayer too?! Does this mean Gramps new this whole time and did not even mention to me or anyone? This is bad. REALLY bad.

"What is this intense power?" Gajeel asks. I slowly open my one good eye to see what he was talking about.

"I-I know this..." I mumbled to myself.

"It's Fairy Law!"

"The attack that took out Master Jose?!" Gajeel asks.

Laxus begins yelling as he continues gaining power to execute his ultimate plan. I only ever felt this intense energy that one time with Gramps and Master Jose. Is Laxus serious...?!

I look to Gajeel and then back to Laxus. There's no way we'll be able to stop him. His roar damaged us majorly. We're screwed. Will I ever go back to Y/N again?

"Do it Laxus..." A familiar voice emerges from all the yelling and noise going on. My heart begins beating so fast it could burst. I know that voice. I turn and smiled widely once I saw the Ice Dragon Slayer of Fairy Tail. I can feel the room dropping in temperature as she enters the cathedral. "I dare you..."