Chapter 18: Together

Y/N POV

"So you finally decided to wake up, huh?" Laxus says. He actually stopped gaining power and focused more on me. This is perfect. I can buy us some time.

I ignored him and walked over to Gajeel. "Hey, are you ok?"

"I won't be until we take him down." He says.

"Do me a favor, check on our guild mates. They're all currently injured from taking down Thunder Palace. I'll handle it from here." I stated. I barely spoke to Gajeel but I know he respects me. He nods and runs out of the cathedral and I walk to Natsu.

"Um? HELLO?" Laxus blurts out but I ignore him still.

"Hey" I say with a smile as I held my hand out to help him up.

"Hey" He says back with a smile. "You ok?"

"Yea, you?" I ask.

"I am now that you're here." he answers, still smiling. "What are you doing here? You should continue resting."

"Hell no." I say. "I'm not gonna let you guys fight Laxus. He is way too powerful."

"What?! I can totally take him!" Natsu exclaims.

"Trust me, Natsu. You're not there yet." I say, rubbing my neck. "I don't even think I'm there yet.."

Natsu doesn't say anything and just grabs my hand. My heart is beating fast because there are other people here but I don't care. The warmth of his hands almost feels like home. I instantly feel comfortable with just simple holding hands.

"We can do this. Together." He says with a smile. I smile back and simply nodded my head but I couldn't stop staring at him. His face features are too cute, his eyes you can easily get lost in, his smile just as bright as he is. He leans in to give me a quick kiss on the cheek which makes me blush given the certain circumstance.

"Don't tell me..." Laxus chuckles. "You two?! Are a thing?!" He continues belly laughing. "That's the funniest shit ever!"

He kneels down with a hand on his stomach while continuing to chortle. What an ass. He's probably laughing because he can't get anybody. I know Mirajanes rejected him thousands of times.

"You got a problem?" Natsu asks.

"Just you guys still being in my presence." He answers with a grin. "But I'm gonna take care of that right now." He gets into his fighting stance as me and Natsu and I separate to get into our fighting stance.

"Remember our last fight, Y/N?" Laxus begins. "I simultaneously beat your ice with my electricity. What makes you think you can take me now?"

"Are you on something?" I ask. I hear Natsu let out a small chuckle. "That was almost 5 years ago. You really think I haven't evolved since then?"

"Meh." was all he said. Pathetic. I start walking towards him slowly, freezing the floor into ice with each step I take. Mist and fog begins to surround my body as I power up.

"Who gave you the right to act like this Laxus?" I begin. "You've been an asshole for god knows how long...You thought you could keep act up? You thought no one was gonna humble your ass?"

I could feel my anger growing and growing inside and it shows through my magic. The whole place starts getting cold and I feel small icicles around me. I've only been this pissed maybe once or twice in my life. Laxus has treated us like dirt far too long and it's time we put an end to it.

"And who says I need to be-" He begins but I cut him off by lunging at him with one of my frozen solid fists. He goes flying to the end of the cathedral and crashed on the wall, leaving a dent in it. I look down at my fists and noticed this is the most cold they've ever been. I'm beyond pissed okay?