Chapter 5

My mother held on to me and sobbed for a long time calling my name several times and stroking my cheeks to the point of roughness.

It's such a pleasure to be able to see you again. It's a happy thing. I decided not to cry but I couldn't possibly do that.

When I managed to stop crying and the words were able to come out of my mouth.

'Oh, my God! Honey! Who the hell is that... a lady who looks just like my Asha!'

The same thing happened again and again when my father came out of the office.

At first, my eyes widened incredibly, and for a moment denied reality. I was covered in tears and a runny nose. But still, I went and hugged him.

'This father cannot believe it! I cannot believe it's you, Asha! I thought you were dead but it was bullshit! Of course!'
**(c/n: He's speaking in a third person's view)

'Huh! Honey, you were the first to tell us to come to terms with reality!'

'That's right, Father! Why are you pretending now?'

'Hmph! But my real heart believed that Asha couldn't have died.'

We all burst into laughter at the sight of my father turning his head down. After crying for a long time, my nose and eyes turned red. But now, I'm happier than ever.

'But Asha...Ashaella. My daughter! I'm so happy for you. Really...!'

My father's silver eyes trembled, and tears poured out. We all resumed our wailing, and sniffling as if when we laughed again. I wanted to stop crying now, but it didn't work out. Even I was determined to do so. The tears are out of control.

'Stop crying, Father, Mother, too.'

'Oh, my gosh! Yes, you should. It's such a pleasure. I'm glad to hear that.'

My father was busy looking at me even though he wiped away his tears to see if it's the reality, but he kept crying.

I guess it's gonna take a while for them to calm down.

* * *

That night, Asha's had her tearful reunion with her family. Standing in the midst of a desolate palace, Hadel quietly closed his eyes.

Hadel's POV

The cold winter wind brushed against my skin.

(The day I lost Ashaella was like this. That day the air was cold, dry, and the flames blew into the air.)

'Whoa...'

From the bottom of my heart, I was filled with frustration that I could not solve. My heart beated fast, my head started pounding.

Hadel's eyelashes trembled and slowly opened them only to see a bright full moon shone in the deep pink eyes hidden inside.

It was a beautiful moon shining white and subtly. It is said that silver hair glitters more beautifully than the moon.

(The silver eyes shine brighter than that.)

The happiest thing about entering the palace was that I could see ahead. So I thought I could finally see Asha's face. But I had to let her go without seeing her for a moment.

(I tried to find a portrait, but it was after the Duke's entire house burned to ashes.

I couldn't find anything. Anything with traces of her.)

A husband who doesn't even know the face of his beloved wife. What a funny thing to say. Hadel, who had just heard his stammering voice in an instant, started laughing his head off.