Chapter 9

Asha's POV

"...Yes, Duke. Go ahead."

"Nella spoke harshly, but you probably won't die."

"Right, Dad? I told you. I've discovered something incredible."

"Be quiet, Nella. Isn't your father talking to Seriene right now?"

In the duke's stern voice, Nella glanced at me for no reason and directed her eyes to her food again.

"If you survive the Emperor and play his role well, you will be rewarded with great rewards. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Oh, so she's saying that if I turn over to Nella at a good time and step down quietly, she'll give me something salty?

But somehow.

The emperor, who is working so hard, has already registered our marriage. My husband, Hadel, kept it very dear to him, so the marriage certificate wouldn't have been lost.

A lot of thoughts came to mind, but I just nodded with an expressionless look.

"...yes, my Duke."

I've never tried acting before, so I don't know whether it worked out well or not. First of all, the work of raising the tail of the mouth satisfactorily seemed to have worked.

"Also, don't say or do anything useless. You said Baron de Aceh was your relative, didn't you?

I quietly gasped, surprised that the name of my father suddenly came out of the Duke's mouth.

Trying not to show my surprise, I exhaled slowly and answered dryly.

"Yes, I'm a distant... relative."

"But you seemed special."

"We haven't seen each other in a while. Before that, there was not much interaction."

"Well, anyway, you're well aware that he is in Valkyrino's territory."

Oh, they're hostages. This is a threat, saying that the De Aceh family is basically being held hostage.

Even if I said I would speak without emotion as much as I could, they seemed to have noticed that I had a deep affection for the De Aceh family.

I showed a small smile, not being scared from the Duke's violet gaze.

"There will be no unnecessary concerns for the Duke."

"Well, I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. First of all, you're a member of Valkyrino now, so I'll give you a personal escort."

"If you call it a personal escort..."

"You don't have to worry about your safety wherever you are, because it's an escort that will take you to the palace.

".......I see. Thank you."

The fact is, that the horse was a personal escort to put surveillance.

* * *

Time flew by. I had to wake up frantically fast so I wouldn't get hit by the storm day by day, and complete a terrible education day by day. Two weeks went by so quickly.

'Decorations! Get me a headdress!'

'Not this dress. It's too fancy!"

"Where's the necklace?"

They made appointments to dress me up. The maids were busy, dressing me up nonstop.

Until now, all the servants in this Valkyrino mansion had a mechanical feel, but today they were all in a hurry.