Chapter 6

The day before Nella Valkyrino visited the De Aceh family, she went to the Imperial Palace, where the aristocratic conference was held, which began in the morning and lasted until night time.

"Where can I take you, Your Majesty?"

Hadel's departure from the conference hall was followed by a string of servants.

"I'll go to the lake. Don't follow me"

"Your majesty..."

"Do you think there is a man on this continent who can harm me? Go."

"...but, Your Majesty."

"If you want me to hit your neck, follow me."

When saw Hadel saying harsh things without changing his face, the servant just thought,

(I had no choice but to leave unless I wanted to end up dead.)

In fact, what he said was true. Hadel, who has the strongest swordsmanship in the continent, has never given up his life to the enemy despite numerous assassination attempts.

Now I rather felt sorry for the assassin sent to him.

"I take your orders."

Looking at the retreating servants, Hadel headed to the lake behind the Imperial Palace. It was a place he often went when he was confused.

He especially liked to visit at night, because the moonlight on the calm lake reminded him of Asha.

"Hoo..."

Hadel's sigh melted into the lake in the fog of the night. The shadow fell over the darkness.

"What's going on, Damon?"

He was a direct shadow guard who always hid in the shadows and followed the emperor.

"With all due respect, Your Majesty."

"Tell me."

"Why did you accept it?'

"What do you mean?"

He already knew what Damon was talking about, but Hadel asked back pretending not to know.

"...The Queen's Bookkeeping Problem. I know your Majesty has no intention of marrying a queen."

"Yes, that's right. It's just trash that I don't need."

"Then why did you accept the request of the nobles today."

Damon was the henchman who had been with Hadel since he first entered the palace. So Hadel was particularly vulnerable to him.

He was a tyrant to others, but he treated him like a friend. Hadel, who was looking at Damon's face for a moment, slowly opened his mouth.

"I told you to do as you please, not accept."

"But... then I'm sure I'll bring in the queen."

"I'm sure you won't do it, that's why I told you to do as you please."

To Hadel's answer, Damon blinked as if he didn't understand. After a brief pause, Hadel continued.

"If I continue to refuse, those damn nobles will continue to offer me a queen. So how do we get this stupid thing to stop?"

"The answer is simple, Damon. You just have to save yourself and make it."

Hadel's eyes turned far away from the lake. He came to see the moonlight, but today somehow there was no sign of the moon coming out of the clouds.