Chapter 7

Asha's POV

I was delirious by the shocking stories that exploded one after another.

No matter how much the current emperor complains that he is a tyrant, isn't it a terrible thing to do to the queen?

My softie Hadel couldn't be like that.

"I was going to ask Miss Ariana, who was originally silver-haired. Besides, The Emperor has a soft spot for the De Aceh family, and no matter how crazy he is, I don't think he'll kill Ariana right away if she goes into the place as the Empress. But by the how this maid looks, she is much better to use."

Nella, who said so, threw her eyes at me again.

The expression of obvious ridicule closely observed me and soon became suspicious.

"How can a humble maid have such a noble color?"

(No, no, no, no.)

Nella's purple eyes alternated between me and Ariana.

I bowed my head for no reason, but Nella was already looking at my family with a look of doubt.

"Of course. This child is a distant relative of mine. Her name is...."

Fortunately, my father covered it well. But I felt like I was going to die. I guess I didn't know how to say my name.

I stepped forward and opened my mouth.

"I'm Seriene."

"Well, yes, your distant relative. Then are you a noble? Weren't you a maid?"

"......no, I am a maid. Please make yourself at home, my lady."

Seriene's status is a commoner anyway.

It was only after I was imprisoned a few times because I lost my memory and had no identification card.

I was going to throw it away because it's useless now, but I now think that I would need it again.

"Anyway, now I've said everything I have to say, and I'm sure you have no objection."

"No, hold on a second, my lady. This kid's still a...!"

"Stop."

My father tried to complain, but Nella cut off his words with a determined look as if she would not tolerate anything. The lowered voice seemed to contain life and ridicule.

"You have no right to complain to me. If I say I'll do it, I'll do it."

"Shall we leave now? I'm impatient. In addition, the appointment ceremony is just around the corner." Nella stood up with a big smile.

The chair she sat on was quickly removed and disappeared among the servants.

The door to the office opened. Nella suddenly stopped and turned around to look at me.

"What are you doing? You're not following me." I clenched her fist at the way she spoke and acted as if it were natural for me to follow. But now I had to put up with it.

"Wait a minute, my lady."

"How dare you keep me waiting?"

"I have to say my farewell to them."

"...okay, very well, then. We have to leave right away, so finish quickly and come out."

Nella shrugged her shoulders as if she were being generous and went outside.

I felt like I heard a dog calling me 'I'm really merciful?' from afar, but that wasn't the point.

I immediately took my father's hand after confirming that the door to the office was completely closed and that Nella had left.