Chapter 10

Asha's POV

What should I say when I meet Hadel? What kind of expression should I do to make him recognize me?

I was half-worried and half-excited thinking about all of this when the carriage suddenly started to shake, tilted to the side.

It wasn't a big accident, but at that moment, I remembered the accident 10 years ago when I almost died.

Hadel's side was about to formally welcome me as Empress at the coming Emperor's accession.

Hadel was called the Imperial Palace almost immediately after marriage, so we had to part ways without having a proper marriage.

But suddenly, I became an empress. I was very afraid, but I was happy.

Because I believed I could do anything with Hadel.

But the carriage rolled over on the way to the palace, the escorts all disappeared somewhere and a pack of bandits suddenly attacked.

I had to run away without having time to think straight about what happened.

To live, and to meet Hadel again.

That fear at the time was beyond description. The primary fear of dying as it is. Fear of what would happen if caught by a bandit. And the despair of never seeing Hardel again.

All those negative emotions engulfed me.

"Calm down. Calm down, Asha. It's really just a small accident this time. It's not going to happen. Let's calm down. Calm down..."

Was it because I was still on my way to meet Hadel?

Or was it just a trauma because of a similar situation? The exact cause was unknown. However, I couldn't control my whole body shaking as if it were shaking even if I kept trying to calm myself.

My heart pounded like crazy and my mind turned blank.

I felt sorry for myself.

I couldn't control my body even though I thought about what this was like in a carriage accident.

How nervous he must have been. I heard someone's voice suddenly.

"......that's fine. Everything is fine, so don't be too nervous, miss."

I barely looked up and found the owner of the voice.

"Ah..."

Bright platinum hair and jewel-like yellow eyes were the first to catch my eye. And it's not like the people of the Empire.

Dark brown skin.

"You're a knight of the Lu tribe. I'm... fine."

At my end, the Lu man was silent for a moment and opened his mouth, "The Duke said to protect you especially well. We'll keep you safe, so don't worry too much."

"...yes, thank you. I look forward to your kind cooperation."

I was awakened by the word Duke.

Yeah, it wasn't time to tremble over the trauma of old memories.

I was finally on my way to see Hadel again, and I had a lot of work to do.

Wake up, Ashaella! You don't even have time to tremble with fear!

I closed my eyes hard and opened them. I straightened my waist again. I took a deep breath and moved my facial muscles to create a smile.

"The Knight of the Lu. I'm sure you'll protect me from now on, so can you tell me your name?"