Chapter 12

Asha's POV

I put down the heavy tiara first, and when the clothes came off one by one, my body trembled in the cold air.

"It's still very cold."

A cold wind blew through the window frames. I pushed my foot into the bathtub because I couldn't wait to get into the hot water.

But, this water isn't very hot.

"Can't you make the water warmer?"

"Sorry, this is the only hot water currently allocated to the Lily palace."

"But isn't that too much for the first night of the Emperor's ceremony?"

"I'm sorry, Silver Lily."

Just looking at the maid's tightening her head, a sigh burst out. I knew it. From the moment Mrs. Schnut ignored me, I felt a little cold.

In fact, their lady was me, but the real power was held by Mrs. Schnut, the maid of honor. Rumors have already circulated that I was a commoner, and Mrs. Schnut belongs to a white writer.

~~(note: not sure about this one)

In addition, she was sponsored by a relative of the Duke of Valkyrino. The lady-in-waitings must be confused because she implicitly ignores me as the queen and the Duke's adopted daughter.

It is also highly likely that many of the maids recommended by the Duke of Valkyrino were influenced by the Duke to put Mrs. Schnut before me.

"I can't. It's cold, let's just take a shower."

Eventually, I hurried to wash up.

The water was getting colder and my hands and feet were cold and my head was hurting. I want to finish it quickly and go out, but the hands of the maids who wash me are frustrating.

"Hurry up a little. No, nevermind. Everyone, go away. I'll finish it by myself."

Eventually, she was bitten and I tried to solve it quickly. But everyone dithers and doesn't let go of the bucket.

"Why aren't you going out?"

"...The head maid ordered me to wait till the end."

It was a cute kid with brown hair tied up high.

Usually in other stories, girls with that hairstyle are well disciplined.

In the meantime however, having such different hair means that she is a girl who is allowed autonomy because she has a position to some extent, not a low-ranking maid. Probably just below the henchmen, so she's kind the same with Mrs. Schnut.

"What's your name?"

"What?"

"Your name."

The maid could not immediately answer and avoided looking at me.

"Well, why is my name-"

"You're a maid who'll serve me in the future. Don't you think I should know your name?"

Saying that, I smiled, pulling up the corners of my mouth. My mouth seemed to tremble when I tried to force myself to laugh when I was freezing.

I thought it wouldn't be obvious, but I finally heard the answer.

"It's... it's Mary."

"Mary, you're the youngest daughter of Earl Emile."

"Yes, yes..."