Chapter 7 - 2x07

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

40 minutes later, I had managed to get into my pale blue dress and apply some light eye and lip makeup. I had a silver mask and a little purse that I wore crossbody. 

As soon as I opened my door, I almost bumped into Damon who was about to knock. 

"Damon! You scared me!" I said, clutching my chest. 

He smiled lightly as his eyes raked my body slowly. 

"You look good Lyn," he whistled, handing me a rose.

 "Really?" I laughed, taking the rose. 

"Really," he affirmed, and I grinned. 

"I love it."

He took the rose out of my hand, and then promptly tucked it behind my ear, stepping closer to me to do so. 

I looked up at him through my lashes and flushed. Who knew that I would ever catch the attention of Damon Salvatore?

"So, are you accompanying me to the masquerade ball?" I asked loftily, locking my door and dropping the keys in my bag.

 "I am indeed," he answered, and linked his arm with mine. "I even booked us a nice car."

"Did you actually pay for it?" I mused, and he scoffed.

 "Of course not Lyn. You know me too well to guess that."

I laughed and let him lead me out of my apartment. 

Before we got into the car, Damon stopped me and put his hands on my shoulders.

 "Look, I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry that we have to kill Katherine. Believe me, if there was another way, I would be all for it. She's just too much of a threat. But don't worry, I'll give you time alone with her to say goodbye," he said, and I cleared my throat awkwardly. 

"I don't want to talk about this Damon," I muttered, knowing that I would do everything in my power to save Katherine. 

"Okay," he said in surrender and then opened one of the car doors open for me. 

We arrived when the party was blooming, and I entered the Lockwood house, smiling at the smell of food and thundering music. 

As soon as I walked in, I saw a brunette pop a cherry in her mouth, looking confident. Katherine. While everyone else mistook her for Elena, I knew it was her. 

As much as she tried to look like her duller doppelgänger, the straight hair, the boring hairstyle, she couldn't get rid of that seductive attraction that practically emitted in waves from her. 

There was another woman at her side, with black to brown ombre hair and seemed to be shielding Katherine. This just proved the fact that I had communicated with Katherine earlier that day. She had gotten protection!