Chapter 18 - 2x20

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

I had been meeting up with Stefan every day for 2 weeks now, where he taught me to defend myself and how to attack. It was safe to say that I was getting better.

Meanwhile, Klaus had been completely MIA, probably getting all of his things ready for the sacrifice ritual. This also meant that Elijah had been meeting with Damon and Stefan often, discussing how they would kill Klaus, and how Elena would be kept alive.

In fact, Elijah was at the Salvatore House right now, and the others had asked me to join as well. They were all leisurely sitting on the couch, a contrast to the high-stake conversation, and Elijah was presenting a jar with some kind of elixir in it.

It was the full moon tonight, so it was to be assumed, that the sacrifice would happen by the end of the night. It was 11:50 in the morning right now, so we had a little bit of time.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation," Elijah was explaining, while everyone else looked skeptical.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena made sure, and Elijah nodded.

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon spat in frustration, looking at Elena. " What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I'll just be dead," she shrugged.

Shouldn't she at least be trying to stay alive? I mean, this girl chose every way to get herself killed, it was a wonder she wasn't dead yet.

Damon left the room in a hurry, probably too annoyed with Elena's carelessness to listen to the rest.

"Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Elena asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course he does. He's waited like a gazillion years for this Elena."

"Kaitlyn is right," Elijah agreed. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."

∆ ∆ ∆

"Kaitlyn, can I speak to you for a minute," Elijah said privately before he was about to leave the house.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked impatiently.

I felt tingly and irritated, wanting to run through a field or something, to get all this adrenaline out. I had also not slept well at all for the past few weeks. I kept seeing my mother in my dreams. Luckily enough, I hadn't seen her in real life since that day in Stefan's garden, but I still was wary of my surroundings.

"Are you feeling alright?" he questioned lightly, and my gaze snapped to him.

"I'm fine," I said emotionlessly. "Why are you asking? Do I not seem alright to you?"